Entangled

*3rd person POV*

"WHAT THE HECK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"

Hak bursted, his face painted with rage and exasperation.

The one who he yelled at widened her eyes at the loud cry. She didn't say anything after that. Although Yona had wanted to explain originally, she decided that it was best to stay silent, at least for the time being. She just quietly let the thorny vines being undone from her. However, it was undeniable that she was relieved that her knight in shining armour came.

On the other hand, Hak was inevitably frantic. His hands moved nimbly as he began to untangle his mistress from the thorns as fast as possible. He was too absorbed in it that he didn't notice he injured his own arms. It was Yona who realized that.

"Hak! Your hand-"

The girl immediately joined her lips as she saw the stern, angry look from the one who freed her. It was as if he couldn't care less even if he wounded his limbs.

After the victim was off the vines, she fixed her posture, however due to her fresh cuts, she let out a little cry.

The loud rescue must've noticed this, as he recovered the soft look in his eyes. Instead of being mad, he now seemed to be concerned. Concerned of the one he should've been protecting.

Concerned of the one he loved so

"Princess"

With the softest voice possible, Hak called out to her. Albeit hesitant, the one whom he addressed answered, her eyes averting the gaze from him.

"What is it?"

"How did you end up like this?"

"..uh"

"Tell me"

"Nnnno you would've make fun of me"

".................. No I won't"

"That was a long pause you made there!"

Then the girl made a small chortle. The sound of it made the teen boy's mood lightened. Then, she answered,

"I was, uh, panic. I thought I got lost. That's why I didn't see my surroundings, and-"

"You slipped?"

"Y-yea"

A small smile then laced Hak's lips, however Yona saw through it. That smile was tainted with sadness. It affected her own feelings. She urged herself to muster out something, anything, to break out from the situation.

Unexpectedly, Hak made a move first

"I like puffy cheeks y'know?"

It took Yona a few seconds to digest the words Hak said. She then made a confused face, looking at her so-called support with befuddled eyes. He just chuckled lightly as he stood up. Extending his muscular arm, he ruffled the formerly long, but as beautiful as ever crimson hair.

"Shall we get back now, Princess?"

The one whom he addressed then nodded. She then got up with difficulty. Realizing that probably it was due to the recent event, her personal guard lifted her up single-handedly. As he did it without the consent of the involved party, the reaction was predictable.

"HAAAAKKK!!! Let me downnn I can walk by myselfff"

"Nope. Your feet weren't in a real good condition to walk back."

"I-It might be but it doesn't mean you have to carry me around!"

"Nah."

Hak merely whistled. Yona tried to struggle, but then the sight of Hak's bleeding arm flashed into her mind.