Parting

Hak's POV

"Oi you attention-attractors, I'm going to look for some food ingredients. I may be out for a while and sleep there so you guys stick with this *onigiri*. In the meantime, be quiet. Remember, be quiet. Quiet."

"We'll do our best not to stand out!"

"It's impossible but please do try."

"Praise the gods if we don't."

After waving Yoon goodbye, we decided that only staying in the camp is boring. Mainly, Princess did. I was lazing around and thought that it was nice.

We took a stroll around. The air was crispy, but it was nice. And the view wasn't bad at all, especially with that perfect sunset behind the mountainous area in front of us. Quite romantic, even. A perfect situation to walk around, if I were to say so myself. No wonder she nagged me to get out and look around.

"So.. it's just like when we travel together, eh? Hak?"

No.. at that time... you were nowhere near this cheerful, you look like you were merely breathing.

"Yeah. Wanna eat Yoon's onigiri?" I offered, tossing the onigiri at my hand into hers.

"Sure!" She replied cheerfully.

*Omnomnomnomnom*

"Pfftt"

"W-what is it?!"

"Ah, nothin'. Khu khu"

Can't tell her I think that she looks cute.

"I bet you were thinking badly about me!"

She curled her lips and made a pout. As if she and her face weren't cheeky enough.

Ah, that pouting face is also cute though-

"Hak?" She raised her voice in confusion,

Wait, confusion?

"A..ah, sorry 'bout that Princess"

What am I thinking, placing my hand on her cheek like that.

I mentally facepalmed.

"No, it's good. Rather, what were you about to do?" She asked innocently.

Now then, how should I reply with this one?

"Just measuring how chubby have your cheeks become."

"Uuuuu, I'm not that big of an eater!!"

"Oh really?" I asked rhetorically, grinning.

"Ku.. Hak you meanie!!"

"Ah! Princess!"

"Don't follow me you big idiotttt!"

As she ordered, I then stopped. Though I couldn't be not worried about her, so I secretly tailed her. Somehow, she failed to notice it.

Geez, what's wrong with me.. I seriously can't control myself very well recently..

"Look at him, he's so adorable." I heard a voice a woman on her early 20's.

"I know, right?"

Another, her friend?

""Kyaaa!""

"Mister! Come here!" Called someone I don't know.

"No thanks." I hurriedly rushed through them.

Ignoring the squeals of some girls passing by, I continued walking. I mean, it's not that I was gonna go for any of them.

One princess is already a huge mess to handle.

"Mister! Look! At! Here!"

One of the ladies tugged the end of my right sleeve. I had no choice but to face them, so I did. I didn't plan on making a conversation, so I rejected the offer to talk with them poli-

"Should we pour you a cup, Mister? The first one is on me!"

I guess one little cup wouldn't hurt

-----

Shit. Think I lost her

My brain screamed at me about how I actually got distracted for five minutes. Although it wasn't very long, but it was unacceptable if you were stalking. The sake was pretty good, though. And free.

No, at any rate, losing her was so goddamn careless of me.

Should I just go back to the camp? Probably Princess's also heading back there.

I thought for a while then shook my head. I decided to go on a quick search before that. Princess wasn't a very good tracker. She could probably be lost.

"Ah"

I couldn't put how relieved I was to spot her in words. I'm glad I was rambling around before I gave in.

I knew that that was a correct decision. I spotted her recklessly walking into a remote valley. Should I approach her and bring her back?

On the way, I was quite hungry. I decided to chew on some random berries I found.

"Kyaaa-"

Hearing Princess' scream, I reflexively ran toward the owner of the voice. With panic, I browsed around to detect danger and bombarded her with questions.

"Princess are you-"

Safe

The word never left my mouth.

"Ha-Hak..?"

"WHAT THE HECK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"