Reason For That Face

*Hak's POV*

".. Hey, was it-"

"Thunder Beast! Princess!" (Friendly reminder that Yoon only started calling Yona by her name after Shin Ah did)

Princess hastily wiped the fluid running down her cheek. She faced Yoon only afterwards.

"Yoon! How's the city?"

"I got some condiments and some clothes. More importantly, are the both of you all right? I saw some soldiers raiding the tent while I was walking by, so I decided to come back earlier."

"We're good. We stayed somewhere else before." I barged in.

"I see. Did they take anything?" Yoon questioned. Princess flinched hearing this.

"Much less. Well they did take my spear." I shrugged.

"What?! Isn't that bad?!"

"Probably"

"It IS bad!" Yoon said, having sweat visible trickling down his self-proclaimed-pretty face.

I swept my eyes back to Princess. Her violet orbs had a vacant look.
Subconsciously, I clenched my fist tightly.

"Thunder Beast..?"

"Sorry Yoon, take care of our Princess. She might be wandering around, and getting lost again like a little chick."

"Whaaat?!" She raised her tone, in order to retort against my statement. However, she stopped and instead looked at me, slightly surprised.

"Losing my spear drained my spirit. I'll go gather firewoods for awhile."

Lifting my hands and folding them behind my head, I set off.

"Wait, I'll come with you-"

"Princess." I slightly lowered my tone.

"Hak, you don't need to go-" she got cut by my stroking her hair. After I let go of it, she hold onto it with her right hand while looking at the ground.

"I'll be back soon, okay?"

------

Yona's POV

That Hak, he was smiling, but...

His face, was so sad.

Did he notice? That must've been it.

I was so selfish.

In spite of everything that had happened thus far, I still couldn't throw away the memory. I expected Hak to be mad and convincing me to forget the bright, fake side of him forcefully.

But he didn't.

How much did it hurt him to say that...

"Cess... Princess... PRINCESS YONA! SNAP OUT OF IT!"

"Uh? Ah! Yes?"

I immediately checked my surroundings. No one.

Boy am I glad. Imagine if someone heard that.

I gave Yoon a meaningful gaze. He seemed to understand my intention, as he whispered "Sorry"

"I've been calling you for some times now, though. So it's not entirely my fault." He crossed his arms, one hand holding the ladle.

"Sorry Yoon! What was it about?"

"Nothing much, unless you're not hungry."

"I'LL TAKE THE BREAKFAST"

My hands began moving hurriedly, grabbing the meal Yoon cooked. Yoon was apparently staring at me.

"Princess."

"Y-yes?"

"Thunder Beast seemed... weird just now. Was his spear really that precious?"

"Y-Yeah! He loved it so much! He-uh, back then constantly showered it with kisses and cuddled it every night!"

(Unbeknownst to them, Hak is sneezing, even though he was very healthy.)

"Hee. That's surprising. I don't think he's the type to get attached to stuffs like that." I nodded fiercely

Yoon then whispered something I couldn't hear, "If anything, his most precious thing is you."

(*Sneeze* "Dang it. Did I just catch cold or what?!")

"? Sorry can you repeat that?"

"Nothing just talking to myself. Nevermind that."

Hak, he...

By now, he would probably be taking that stolen hairpin...

I knew that Hak was strong and all but, he was unarmed. Rather, his spear was in the hand of the enemies. And he was going to charge straight onto the enemy's base. Not to mention that he barely had just recovered. That action was just plain suicide.

However the one to blame was me, who failed to stop him from doing it. I was supposed to be refraining him to do that, since I was the only one capable of doing so.

I wanted to stop him.

Well I tried but...

I wasn't able to put more effort into it.

"Princess?"

"Yoon. I need to go to the restroom. For probably a long time." I stood up.

Yoon stared at me, then he sighed. "Hang on. Let me make you some onigiri. While I'm on that, you get some of medicines, in case Thunder Beast is injured."

"WHAT?! Nnnononono I'm just-"

"Okay?" He asked again, this time with a kind smile.

"Thanks.. Yoon.."

Hak, let me get closer to you.