"It's my Dads."

"Pardon?" He wondered, confused what I meant. I let my fingers touch the jumper, the first time in so long. My father gave me this jumper when I turned seventeen, I was having a hard time with my loss of friends and Bella, he knew how much I loved this jumper so he gave it to me. But I never wore it. I left it in the back of my wardrobe and hadn't seen it since right in this very moment. "Oh shit, I'm so sorry I'll take it off —"

My fist tightened on the green material as I halted him from turning away from me. "Don't," I shook my head, a slight smile pulling at my lips. Thankfully whenever I see this jumper I don't think of sad moments I think of happy memories where my father attempted to explain who the members of the Packer's were, what American football is and the rules — yet still to this day I never really grasped it. I just loved when my father wore this jumper. "Keep it."

"What?"

"Keep it on," I smiled at him, brushing the shoulders of the jumper and smiling at it. "He loved that jumper, I always remember him and my mum bickering about this damn thing."

"Bickering? Why?"

"My mum hated the packers, she hated all sports besides tennis and volleyball," I rolled my eyes, sitting back down on the couch and letting Harry sit beside me. "My dad absolutely loved football, British football a little more than American but his love for American football was seriously concerning," I giggled. "He'd always live stream it when it was on in the US as you can't watch it over here, and then he would tell me how he's always been a packers fan and even tried get me into them."

"I take it it didn't work out too well?" Harry chuckled, noticing my confused frown as I tried remembering the things he explained to me.

"No way, he couldn't help me understand any of it so I stuck to appreciating his excitement and loving British football," I shrugged casually.

My father always teased me for being single, he wanted me to have a boyfriend so there was another male in the house to sit and watch the game with him, understand it better than I could have and cheer along with him and actually mean it not just cheer because he did. And that's what he hoped with a boyfriend of mine that would come along, but I never had a boyfriend to take home because I never connected that way with anyone. Until now. Until after my parents are gone.

I never socialised much unless it was with my friendship group at school or at a party. Other than that I stayed in my room, played on my phone and listened to music. I didn't go for spontaneous bike rides into the wilderness or lounge out in the back garden. I didn't like painting my nails or curling my hair, I hated shopping and baking cakes with my mother. I was boring. I had a routine and I stuck to it. Wake up, eat, go back to bed for a nap, wake up and eat some lunch before going back to bed and watching a movie or an episode of a television programme, text a few 'friends' throughout the day, have dinner and go to sleep. Until I got my job, then it was easier to dismiss invites to do things with my family or the remainder of so called friends.

I look back at the past three years of my life and I sigh, I think of how much precious family time I wasted being a hormonal teenage girl who'd cry if someone raised their voice at her, ate out of boredom and hid away from people to avoid conversations. Since summer of this year my parents and I grew closer, I started sitting in the living room with them and gushing about how cute someone in Eastenders looked whenever my parents sat to watch their soaps. Now I look back at all the missed opportunities and think to myself, why did I not want to spend time with them? They loved me and wanted to have a laugh with me but I was too selfish and moody to see that. I will spend the rest of my life apologising to the sky and two marble stones for not being the best daughter I could have possibly been. And when I have my own kids I'll ensure our relationship is closer than close, I won't let them stray too soon like I did.

"Can I hug you?" I asked shyly, stepping closer to him. He looked at me with a slight smile and nodded.

"You don't have to ask," he chuckled.

I pressed my nose into the jumper and could smell the lingering scent of my father's aftershave, I hadn't washed this jumper at all. It may seem disgusting but now I'm really glad I never did, it still smells like my father. And holding Harry so close to me, wearing my father's favourite jumper that he handed down to me and then it still having that scent I recognise automatically as my father's... It's brought back so many memories and made my heart flip around like I'm sat on a rollercoaster doing loop de loops and all the colours around me morphing into one.

"It smells like my dad," I heard Harry's sharp intake, I don't think he even realises why I wanted to hug him until now. "Sorry," I pulled back realising this must be extremely uncomfortable for him.

"No," he pulled me back into his chest by my forearms, forcing my arms around his body and wrapping his arms tightly around my shoulders. Reminding me immediately of my father. "We'll stay like this for as long as you please."

__________________________

A/N; swear there's like three of you here, and y'all should know who you are I appreciate your comments you beautiful people <3 I know I ended it so suddenly but it seemed like a good place to stop :) x

If you have questions or opinions comment them, if it's bad opinions mail me lmao it'll hurt my ego less ;) love you's xx