14. Crosstown Rivals (Edited)

Start from the beginning

The school pep club has been prepping for this game for the last two weeks. They've been selling t-shirts, airhorns, pom-poms, mega horns, and a multitude of other objects. They'd even decked out the entire school with posters that had all the players faces blown up on them. I remember walking to AP bio yesterday and running into a lovely poster of Aiden's face right next to Mrs. Earnshaw's desk. The smirk was spot on and when I saw it, I swear I almost peed my pants laughing.

There's no doubt that tomorrow's game is going to have a huge student section, as well as a huge turnout from the entire town. The word has been spread to everyone that the theme for the game is a white-out, so I guess that means I'll have to dig through my closet to find a white school tee.

"You're going to get to play, right?" I asked, looking up at Aiden

He smirked, the corners of his lips turning up. "What kind of a question is that?"

I bowed my head, looking at my lap, trying to contain the smile that wanted to spread across my face at those words. "I'll be there," I said.

      "So, you're not going to be there until late?" I asked Autumn, holding my phone to my ear as I rummaged through my closet

For the past hour, I've been trying to decide what an appropriate outfit would be to wear to the basketball game, but the thing I can't figure out is why I'm so worried about it. Normally, I'd just throw on a pair of Nike sweatpants and my white school t-shirt, but for some reason my brain was telling me not to wear that. For some reason, my brain was itching my hand to go into the untouched collection of my closet, or rather, I should call it the "only worn once" collection. Autumn always gets mad at me because she looks though my closet and finds all these cute clothes, yet she always sees me wearing tank tops and running shorts.

"I have to run a few errands, so I won't be there early." Autumn explained and I could hear ruffling on the other end of the line.

She must be trying to figure out what to wear too.

"But Aiden said that if we don't get there early, there won't be any good seats."

I pulled a pair of jeans out of my closet and stared at them. They were an old pair of navy skinny jeans I'd gotten shopping with Autumn a while ago. My lips twisted in frustration as I pondered whether I should wear them or not. I remember how snuggly they had always fit me.

"Just save me a seat. Plus, I'm pretty sure Riley's gonna be there, so you can sit with her."

I nodded, even though she couldn't see me. "What are you wearing? Because I have no clue what to wear." I huffed as sat on the edge of my bed, staring into my never-ending closet. How can there be so much clothes in there, yet I still can't figure out what to wear?

"Oh my god! Are you actually going to wear something other than sweatpants?!" she squealed and I could practically picture her doing a happy dance behind the phone.