My Weakness/His Strength

Start from the beginning

Gasping at all the sensations floating around, feeling so out of control.

Rubbing my hands underneath his shirt, I feel his warm, smooth skin, trace the contours of his muscles, try to press him into my bones.

He pulls back from me, looking me in the eyes. "We should stop."

He's right. I don't want to, but he's right. My hormones try to win out over my reason. I don't want a pup yet. The closer we get to the final stages of my heat, the more likely we could create a Future inside my building up Nest.

"Why don't you want to?" I'm curious why he doesn't want to go any further than what we've already done.

He looks at me. "Oh, I want to, trust me, I'm going to be inside you very soon." Another press of his body against me. His body shudders from the restraint he's trying to manage internally.

Whimpering to him, "Please." I'm begging him, damp with excitement, the bond between us sparking with electric fire.

He starts to laugh. "Didn't I tell you there would be a day when you would beg for my touch?"

He did it on purpose, to calm the fire between us. It works. My pull towards him is gone and I push him off me. He doesn't budge, showing me his strength. He won't move until he's ready to move.

"Soon, my bear killer." He's blocking his thoughts from me, keeping why he doesn't want to mate me to himself. "Out of there, Meela." He says it sternly which makes me flinch away.

"It's not fair. You can be in my mind, but I can't be in yours?" I cross my arms over my chest, my jaw firmly clenched in unhappiness.

"It's not a fun feeling, is it?" His eyebrow arches up, head tilted, waiting for a reply.

I just huff out, turning my back to him and closing my eyes.

Feeling him climbing into bed, pulling the covers over us, spooning my body into his. Wrapping his powerful arm around me, his lips nuzzle against my neck.

"I want it to mean something to you, not just your hormones going crazy. I want there to be more between us."

He doesn't say anything else as he listens to the effects his words play out in my mind.

Ebbing and flowing thoughts wash back and forth in my mind. I drift off to sleep as the gentle waves of his words lull me to sleep.

When I wake up in the morning, he's gone. I rub my hand over his spot and groan into the pillow. Memories of last night flood into my brain and I close my eyes, trying to comprehend how it all happened.

I've been fully accepted by the pack. Not only that, but I've been accepted by them all as their Luna. I'm a real Luna. Even I can't believe this. I'm a full fledged Luna. My mother would be so proud of me. She raised me to be a Luna. Somehow she knew.

With every word, every problem, every situation, she would whisper in my ear, teaching me, grooming me. At the time, I would glare at her as juveniles do, whine out to her, stomp away, not realizing until now what she was actually trying to do. I cry just thinking of her love for me, and her selflessness, her constant patience with me, and I feel shame wash over me because of it.

I start to cry in my pillow, just thinking of her, the voice that I miss so much, the love I miss from her. My throat's constricting with a burning pain of memories. If only I could have one more minute with her.

I softly inhale the scent on his pillow, letting it calm me. How is this happening?

The destruction that is my life is slowly rebuilding like a town does after a major storm. Slowly, gradually, little by little with his encouragement, his actions... his words. I've been able to put some pieces back together. It feels... good.