Chapter Four

Oliver starts to split his team up, and Kara starts making an impact on one of the other members of the team.

Enjoy chapter four!

***

"The RPG that took out the plane came from over there," Oliver pointed to his left as the group of six walked through the rocks. "And the call from my son originated just west of here."

"Hostages could be in either place," Harkness said.

"Or neither," Slade countered. "This is a large island."

"I'll check the RPG site," Kara volunteered.

"Malcolm, go with her," Oliver turned.

Malcolm nodded, then Nyssa looked over. "I'll accompany you as well."

Malcolm raised an eyebrow. "Oh, it's almost like you don't trust me, Nyssa."

"No, it's exactly like you don't trust you."

"Check it out," Oliver ordered, looking at Kara. "Stay on comms, and try to keep them from killing each other."

Kara nodded and led Malcolm and Nyssa off, and Oliver led Slade and Harkness on through the forest. Slade took the lead at some point, Oliver happy to let him go as long as he stayed in eyesight. "Why does he get a weapon and I don't?" Harkness asked.

"I trust him more than you," Oliver answered. That was true; Slade had once been his brother. Harkness had been nothing.

"Didn't he kill your mother?" Harkness raised an eyebrow.

Oliver spun around, narrowing his eyes at him. "You listen to me very carefully," he growled. "You help me take down Chase, you walk. You screw with me even a little bit, and I will put you right back into that hole."

"Just a gun," Harkness held up his hands. "That's all I'm saying."

"Kid," Slade called from ahead. Oliver left Harkness and walked up to catch to him, and Slade pointed past the tree. "I see movement."

Oliver looked past him, and he inhaled sharply when he saw four cages past the trees. "Stay sharp," he ordered, walking ahead.

Slade and Harkness followed behind him as Oliver ran for the cages. "Oliver!" Felicity gasped, getting on her knees and grabbing at the bars.

"Keep your voice down," Slade warned.

Thea did a double take, then pointed at him angrily. "What the hell is he doing here?"

Oliver bypassed Felicity, Curtis, and Thea and instead went to the last cell, where Samantha, William's mother, was clutching the bars. "Where's William?" he asked her.

"I don't know," she shook her head. "We were separated. Oliver, what is going on?"

"Why are they unguarded?" Slade looked around.

"It seems pretty obvious to me, mate," Harkness remarked. Oliver looked at him, a frown on his face, when the branches rustled, and two figures dropped to the ground. Oliver reached for an arrow, but froze when Talia brought her bow up, and Evelyn drew her gun, pointing it right at his face. "It's a trap," Harkness smirked.

"Don't even think it, Oliver," Talia warned, shifting her aim. "Or your son loses his mother."

"Oh, and don't worry about that gun, mate," Harkness added, pulling one out from under his coat. "Mr. Chase gave me this nice new one . . . along with a better offer."

Evelyn turned to Slade as Harkness aimed at him. "Adrian said it would be pointless to reach out to you."

"Although, given this turn of events, perhaps you've changed your mind?" Talia offered.