***

Leo heard a noise behind him and decided to turn, to face his opponent.

The girl hung the keys on the hook as they presumed, before taking a sweeping glance of the room. She never even noticed him, standing there with Angel. The fact that she hadn't raised an alarm meant that the dream walk had once again helped them. Angel's physical body was still lying in his cell and no one could see their spirit selves wandering around the compound.

So no one can see us? Angel guessed, smiling when Leo turned to look his way.

Doesn't seem like it, does it? He agreed happily. Come on, let's take a closer look at those keys. He decided.

He left his mate standing there, at the other end of the room, as he advanced on the pair of keys that were keeping him bound to this horrid place. They looked old and worn in places. He was pretty sure that he could never have a duplicate pair made that could match them, without taking an impression first.

Perhaps the herbs? Angel suggested, reading his mind.

Leo glanced back at him curiously and watched as his mate put the pieces together for him.

The paste you made to heal my wounds. Angelus continued, thoughtfully. Would that not create an accurate impression? You would then only need a reliable man to make a copy for you. He continued, feeling his mental abilities increase along with his physical. The past two days of mental freedom had really done him a word of good.

Leo crossed over and kissed him deeply. You are incredible. He claimed, before reaching for his bag and rummaging for the items he would need. With the right tools, I can make the copies myself well enough. He explained as he dug out the items he wanted and placed them on the floor at his feet.

Within just a few seconds he had ground the juicy herbs together to create a paste and pulled the keys off the wall hook. He was very careful as he made impressions of them in the paste, coating both sides, in case one side had a groove the other didn't. He didn't want to make any mistakes.

Angel stood at the door, making sure no one was approaching, so no one would spot the keys mysteriously lying on the floor or being used by an invisible entity. I have never been this happy before, little lion. I had lost hope until you appeared to me in my cousin's dream walk. If not for the hope of seeing you one day, I would have allowed myself to die long ago. He confessed, out of nowhere.

Leo wasn't sure if it was the prospect of freedom or the risk of danger that had spurred him into talking, but he appreciated the faith his mate put in him.

I only wish I had come to you sooner. Of age or not would not have mattered to me. I could have helped you heal while we courted. I would have been of age eventually. Leo admitted to the constant sense of failure he felt. He so wished he had known about Angel before.

I am grateful it has happened this way. Angel countered his notion, smiling when they turned to look at each other. Now my dreams are my reality and my reality is my nightmare. With you, I can bask in my dreams and never have nightmares again. He confessed, making Leo wonder if Angel was the one causing the multiple dream walks a day. Just so he didn't have to allow his physical body to wake, except to take in one pitiful meal a day. He had to admit to himself that he wouldn't have cared if it was true.

I too cherish our dreams together. Leo gave his agreement and watched a light spark in Angel's eyes.

He could just imagine how much trouble he could be, when at full strength, with nothing to fear. He felt a flush rise up his neck to his cheeks and turned his attention back to the keys he was copying. He could entertain those other thoughts later, when he was sleeping. With just a little patience, they would be his new reality.