Chapter 21

8 years have past by and Willow has grow drastically. She is taller, tanner, slimmer, and stronger. When she turned 12 her father finally agreed to train her, allowing her to go into the woods. Now she is able to do so without any help. Caesar still hasn't allowed her to hun with the males, which makes her frustrated, but she tried her best to be patient.

Cornelia and Caesar have grown old. Blue Eyes now has a mate, Lake, and a baby on the way. Cornelius also has mate, Zira, who just found out she was pregnant. As Willow has grown stronger, her parents have grown weaker. The old age was hitting them hard. But, they were still kicking.

Soon Blue Eyes would be the knew ape king and Willow was happy for him, but at the same time she was sad. Where has the time gone?

Right now she was in the woods, sitting in a tree. Over the years across the bridge, the human population has grown and has forgotten about the apes. Well some forgot about the apes, other told tales about the ape that could speak. Caesar. Some thought it was fake, others believed it.

Willow was sitting on a tall tree, looking over the trees, seeing the large human city. It seemed to grow everyday. Every time she came to this certain tree, just to look at the human city, something new was made. Like building, she saw lots of those over there.

As she saw the city grow, she grew more curious as to what was over there. She wanted to see what it was like in human village. A year ago she was finally told of her past. How Ash rescued her from the river. She was told the whole story. At first she was upset, but soon she learned to forget about the past and focus on the present.

As she looked over the trees, she felt something tug at her heart.

Go look... A voice said in her head.

She immediately told that voice to shut up, but the voice got louder and louder. Soon she found her self climbing down the tree and walking through the trees. She hid behind some bushes and was now closer to the bridge. She looked around, for any sighted of apes, but saw none.

She stood up quickly and was about to walk to the bridge, but a hand grabbed her and pulled her back. She panicked and looked up, seeing her brother Cornelius. She let out a sigh and stood up relieved.

Cornelius hooted, "What are you doing?!" He signed.

Willow rolled her eyes and looked back at the bridge, letting out a sigh. She shook her head and spoke strongly.

"Nothing. I was just looking." She said.

Her speech has gotten better and now she can finally speak.

"That wasn't nothing! You were going to cross the bridge!" Cornelius signed, hitting loudly.

Willow grabbed Cornelius by the shoulder and pleaded, "Please don't tell dad!" She begged.

Cornelius huffed, "Your home here!" He argued.

Willow rolled her eyes, "I know that! I just..." She looked back to the human city and let out a small sigh, "...Wanted to see what it was like."

Cornelius gave her a look and saw she was in a daze. He has never seen her like this. He hooted gently and nudged her arm. Willow looked at her brother.

"I will keep secret, but do not do again." He signed.

Willow smiled and hugged her brother tightly, "Thank you! Now come on!" She then ran off through the trees.

Cornelius shook his head, but smiled and ran after his sister, looking up to see she was swinging from tree to tree. He climbed up a tree quickly and followed her, trying to get past her, but Willow was faster. Willow jumped down from a tree and smiled.