Chapter 12

It was the next day, in the afternoon. Blue Eyes was out with Ash fishing, Cornelius was out with some of his friends, and Willow was with her father. Willow sat next to her father at the top of a tree and looked over the small Ape city with him. After awhile she looked up at him and poked his arm gently, catching his attention.

"When can I go out there...?" She signed slowly.

Caesar looked down at her confused and signed back, "What do you mean?"

Willow sighed and looked down at her lap, letting out a small sigh. She cleared her throat and slowly said, not wanting to mess as she spoke.

"Ou-out there..." She pointed at the entrance to the ape city, but really was pointing at the woods. Caesar knew exactly what she meant.

He frowned deeply and shook his head, "Not for along time..."

Willow now looked up at him confused, "How long?"

Caesar chuckled, "When your older and stronger. Woods are dangerous. You could get hurt." He signed, hoping Willow would understand.

Willow frowned, "When that happens.. Can I go out and... hunt with you?" She signed.

Caesar snapped his head towards her, "No Willow." He said, his voice a little raspy.

Willow frowned still, "Wh-Why?" She said, speaking this time.

Caesar sighed and rubbed his face. He was getting frustrated and Willow noticed. She leaned against his side and let out a small sigh.

"Tell me... Wh-when you're... R-Ready." She spoke slowly.

Caesar looked down at her with a smile and kissed her forehead. Willow smiled that time, but mentally frowned. She still had so many questions. Some including her past. She was about to say something, to lighten the mood, but screeching was heard.

Caesar jumped up and so did Willow. She climbed on her fathers back. Caesar climbed down the tree quickly and set his daughter down. Something happened and it made Willow worry. Her father talked to some other apes and soon had other apes go off into the trees.

"Cornelius! Watch Willow!" Caesar signed to his second oldest son, who nodded.

Willow watched her father run off and join the other apes in the trees, swinging away quickly. Willow felt a hand on her shoulder and looked over to see Cornelius who only smiled.

"I am sure everything is ok. Come let go check on mother." He said and Willow nodded. Cornelius started to walk off and for a moment Willow followed, but stopped herself. She looked back at the entrance and still saw some apes leaving. She looked back to see her brother hadn't noticed she stopped walking.

She made the stupid decision to run the opposite direction. She ran into the woods with much hesitation, but calmed herself when she saw where he apes were going. She quietly followed them and ran as fast she could to keep up with them. She stopped abruptly when she saw the gathered around. She heard an ape wailing and crying. She peaked through and saw Ash on the ground. She tried to get a better look, but stepped on a branch.

She froze as everyone turned towards her, including her father. She was in so much trouble. She tried to smile innocently and waved at her father. Caesar gave a stern and even angry look. She could tell she came at a bad time.

Caesar next to him and she walked over slowly to him, her head down. Caesar made sure she was close and looked forward. Willow looked forward as well and her eyes widened. They... They looked just like her. Except the ones with beards and stuff. They didn't have for on there bodies and they walked just like her. Who were they?

Willow looked at them curiously and looked up at her father, who gave them a nasty glare. The. She looked over at Ash, who was still on the floor, his father (Rocket) next to him.

"They shot my son!" Rocket signed.

Willow's eyes widened and she looked back at the humans, taking a step back behind her father. Caesar calmed Rocket down and glared back at the humans again. Willow saw Blue Eyes and was happy to see he was ok and not hurt. Willow watched the humans closely and heard them speak. The one of them with not hair on their head spoke loudly,

"They took a little girl!"

Willow looked at him confused, while Caesar glared at him specifically.

"We have to take her with us!" The hairless human said and tried to walk up. The other stopped him and an ape growled at him.

Willow looked to her side quickly and saw Koba, his spear pointing at the man, growling at him. Now Willow looked at him confused and for a second, even Caesar was confused. Heck everyone there was so confused with Koba's protective behavior, but shifted it aside. Willow grabbed her father hand and continued to stay behind him.

"We don't mean any harm!" One of them said.

Then the hairless one whispered, "There apes man! I don't think they understand what you're sayin'!" That time Willow did glare at him.

She looked up at her father and jumped when he shouted.

"Go!"

Soon every ape howled and even some shouted 'go!' as well. Willow watched the humans run away, but saw one of them drop something. As soon as the humans were gone, she went to go see what one of them dropped, but Caesar grabbed her arm.

She looked up at him slowly, expecting the look he was going to give her. Caesar gave her stern and frustrated look. He signed to Koba, telling him to some apes with him to see if the humans left. Willow looked over and saw Maurice. She watched him walk over to where the human dropped something. Before Willow could see anything, she was picked up, but not by her father.

She sighed as Blue Eyes carried her back home.

Yup, she was in so much trouble.