21

*the next day*

I woke up to a raging headache and blood on my pillow from my nose bleeding.

"Mom!" I shouted out my door.

My mom came in, ready for work and looked at me, then my pillow.

"Can I stay home from school today?" I asked, "My head is still pounding and my nose is swollen to all hell."

"Yes, but you need to wash your pillow and sweep the floor while you're at it," she replied, looking at my papers all over the floor. "I'll call the school and tell them you're not coming in."

"Thank you mom, love you," I said, half-smiling.

"Love you too, feel better. Take some Tylenol and get some rest," she said and left my room.

I pulled out my phone and texted Sierra.

I'm not going to school today.

Sierra texted me back two minutes later.

Yeah I figured. How's your nose?

Swollen. And bloody. But can you come over?????? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

I can't just skip school to come over

pleaseeeeeeeeeee??? i'll pay you. $5

I hate you. be over in 30 minutes

This is why I love you❤❤

Yeah okay

After my mom left, I threw my pillow in the washing machine and picked the papers up from my floor.

I bent down to pick up the mess and saw a note.

Ps I love you too

I have to tell Sierra about these damn notes that Shawn keeps putting in my room.

I picked up the note and looked at the handwriting. It was different than the other ones. My eyes widened as I searched for the other notes.

All of them had Adrian's handwriting, besides this one and the opposites.

Could it be Shawn? No, he wouldn't say that, he's all tough and shit he wouldn't do that, would he?

*knock knock knock*

I looked over at my window and saw Sierra.

I let her in through the window.

"Why didn't you just use the front door?" I asked, laughing.

"Yeah, about that, did your mom get a new car?" She whispered.

"No, why?" I asked.

"There's a car in your driveway right next to yours."

"Fuck" I muttered.

"Maybe it's nothing, I'll go check to see who's it is," I said, leaving the room, literally crawling on the floor so nobody could see me through the windows.

I could hear Sierra kind of giggle behind me, probably because of how stupid I looked.

I got to the kitchen and looked out the window to see a black jeep in my driveway.