I will. And take care of my grandson. He's obviously much more powerful than we realized, if he can send you a vision, Carlton said the words casually, but Milo detected genuine surprise that someone like him had been able to have a vision. Even with the help of the most powerful shifter to ever exist.

That really hurts, Carlton. Are you saying I'm close minded? he asked teasingly, not bothered that they managed to have the odd dig at each other, in a friendly way. It only told him that he and Carlton were getting on just fine. And that mattered. Because he wanted his little wolf to be happy.

I am, Carlton laughed and began closing down the link. Good afternoon, Milo,

Yeah, bye.

***

While Katarina was supposed to be resting, she went to find Josanna and Bricia, who were helping a group of teenagers clear out the forest, to accommodate Carlton's pack. While they settled into the community and area, they would live as they always had.

The efforts were going well and Josanna, at least, was taking her punishment quietly. Bricia, unsurprisingly, was complaining to everyone about everything in sight.

Katarina left Callum and Algar in charge of the task, since she knew Milo would want to stop by later, to check on it himself. He and Yosi were going to handle some pack business while she was 'resting' and then she planned to meet him in their special place in the meadow.

"Callum, may I ask you something?" Katarina asked as she sidled up to him. Janet wasn't helping, because she had an exam at school, so she was taking the opportunity to dig up some information. As soon as he nodded and gave his permission, she delved in. "You and your brother are how old now? And neither of you have your mates?" she wondered, quietly.

Callum smiled and leaned in closer. "We are twenty-one, my Lady. We swore when we dedicated ourselves to serve your mate, that we would not take nor know our mate until the Alpha had chosen his," Callum revealed, much to her surprise.

She hadn't known any such thing was possible, but it was intriguing. "What about now that we're united?" she asked. Was he going to take his mate or continue his service alone for a while longer?

"I feel something, my Lady, when I am with a certain girl. But it is difficult to admit so," he frowned as he talked, keeping his voice low so that none but his Alpha's mate could hear him.

Katarina decided that Callum was much too sweet and innocent for his own good. She knew he was meant to be with Janet, since she had already seen it. She could perfectly understand why he was afraid to say it to her or to anyone else. She was being punished for asking her best friend to make the Beta of her pack her true mate, regardless of who her true mate might actually be.

"Callum, would you mind if I told you something? You wouldn't take it badly?" she asked, waiting on his wide eyed, innocent promise.

"I would be most grateful to hear anything you have to say," he swore. He really was quite charming.

"I know who your mate is,"

"You do? Then...what do I do?" he asked, obviously quite relieved to hear that he didn't have to suffer the uncertainty alone.

"You tell her. If you're sure,"

Callum chewed on his lower lip and glanced across at his brother, who stood across the clearing. It was clear that she was going to have to talk to Algar, to make sure he didn't say anything rude about Callum's true mate. Or try to dissuade him. "Do you mind my asking how you know?" he asked, never taking his eyes off his brother.