Maybe Later

"Ofcourse I remembered, what do you take me for?" I asked my overly excited girlfriend.
I'll be the first to admit that I never believed in love at first sight. That was until theater made me. I'll save the story for another time, but in short she was, is, and will always be the best thing that happened to me.

"Well, I figured you would be busy with all the stuff your doing and forget about me." I could hear the she pouted her lips a bit at the end. She knows just how much I hate to see or hear her pouting, but she does it and I think she only does it to spite me. Sometimes I just sit there completely in confused as to how in the world I ended up with her, then I remember and start laughing about.

"Anyway, I'll call back, gotta go."
"Ohhh, hum, ok. Bye.." I could see she was upset so I made the most obnoxious sound, one I know she hates, yet it always makes her laugh.
And without fail she started to laugh her adorable laugh. We hung up and I was on my way.
After about half an hour of driving, I pulled up to a small building with a sign out front. "Well, time to get to work." I said taking out my keys and opening the door. I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but this small building is my bakery. Yup, I bake for a living and I love it to death.

I started preping the ovens, turning the machines on, putting the money in the register and sweeping the floor. After that I got started on the orders that were placed the day before.
"Three cakes, two dozen cookies, a pie and ---" I was interrupted by the sound of the door opening and a womans voice.
"Hi, um is this the bakery that was looking to hire?" she asked
"Yes it is, can I have your name please?" I asked taking out a piece of paper not lifting my head.

"Well babe, you didn't recognize me?"
I stopped immediately and looked up. Standing infront of me was the picture of beauty. I jumped up and gave my smirk, instantly she tried to run but I caught her. We spent about twenty-five minutes chasing eachother and laughing the whole while.
After that, I got her set up and we worked on the orders that were left.

"Want to grab some coffee or something?" she asked looking at the clock "I know you didn't eat breakfast. And you promised, remember?" she said with her childish grin.

My reply was
"Not now though, maybe later?"