Chapter 17

1 month later

"Clarke." Bellamy whispers. I begin to stir and eventually I open my eyes to see him leaning over me. "Miller's here to pick me up. You can come over later if you want."

"Okay." I mumble.

"I love you." He says as he places a kiss on my forehead.

I sigh and fall back asleep immediately.

About 2 hours later I wake up again and go to the kitchen to get breakfast. After I eat I walk in to Octavia's room where she's sitting in bed on her phone. I sit down with her. "Hey." I say.

"Oh, hey."

"You wanna go to Miller's with me?" I ask.

"Yeah sure. I gotta get ready first."

I go back into my and Bellamy's room to get dressed. It's pretty hot out today so I get a pair of short denim shorts and a black cutoff and pull my hair into a ponytail.

When I walk back out to the living room Octavia is already dressed and waiting for me.

I get the keys to Bellamy's truck and leave. After about 15 minutes I pull in to Miller's drive way. Bryan, Miller's boyfriend, walks out he front door to meet us.

"Hey guys. What're you doing here?" He asks.

"We didn't really have anything to do today so we thought we'd stop by." I say.

"Oh okay. They're out back." He says.

We go through the house and out the back door and when I open it I see a frame for a deck that Bellamy is helping Miller build.

Bellamy has his back to me and he's wearing a pair of basketball shorts and a white tank top.

I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his waist from behind. When he turns around and sees me he grins.

"Hello handsome." I say.

He leans in and kisses me lightly.

"Hey! No PDA!" Octavia shouts from across the yard.

He laughs and I turn around to face everybody else. Bellamy has his hands around my waist from behind and his chin resting on my shoulder.

"I'm gonna go over there, sit down, and watch my sexy boyfriend get back to work." I say. "And then when we go back home later, we can do whatever you want. Sounds good?"

"Sounds great." He says. He kisses me quickly on the cheek and I walk over to sit in a lawn chair beside Octavia.

"So, how are things with you and Lincoln?" I ask.

"Amazing." She says. "You can't tell Bellamy yet but I might move in with him soon. That way the two of you can have your space and I can see Lincoln more often."

"That's great, O!" I say.

"By the looks of things you and Bellamy are doing pretty well too." She says.

"We are. I've never felt like this before. I really, really, love him." I say. I pause. "I'm sorry. Is this awkward for you?"

"No, not at all. I'm really happy that Bellamy found someone like you. And I know he feels the same way about you as you do him."

We sit there for hours and eventually Bellamy walks over to us and tells us that they're done.

I give him the keys and he drops Octavia off at Lincoln's and then drives us home.

When we get inside we both sit on the couch. Bellamy lays with his head in my lap and I play with his messy hair while we talk.

"I meant to tell you earlier but you look really hot in those shorts." He says.

"Good to know." I say.

"What're you thinking about?" He asks.

"You. Us." I say.

"What about us?" He asks.

"Just that things are getting really serious and how I can't imagine a future without you in it."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Definitely not. I want to be with you for the rest of my life."

"The feeling is mutual."

I lean down and kiss him quickly and then resume playing with his hair.

"There's something else." He says. "I can tell." He sits up and wraps an arm around me. "What's wrong?" He asks, concerned.

"My dad died 3 years ago today." I say, avoiding eye contact so he doesn't notice the tears welling up.

"Clarke... I'm sorry. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want you to be worried about me."

"I'm supposed to worry about you, it's my job. Hey..." he says when he notices my tears. He wipes them away and holds me. This day has been hard for me every year but I've never been with someone on it. I've always spent the day alone in my dorm. It's nice to have Bellamy with me.

"He would love you." I say.

"I hope so. He sounds like an amazing man."

"He was." I pause. "You're perfect." I say.

"Far from it."

"Well you're perfect for me. You always take care of me."

"Like I said, that's my job. You do the same for me."

"Damn I love you." I say.

He smiles and kisses me softly. "I love you too." He says.