Chapter 9

Over the next few weeks I talk a lot more with Bellamy and Octavia and we end up getting really close. After the last week of exams and late nights it's finally time for spring break.

I haven't gotten a steady job but I sometimes babysit for my friend, Lexa. I have some money saved up but definitely not enough to get my own place.

Bellamy and Octavia have agreed to let me stay with them until I get on my feet and today is the day that I'm moving in.

Around 10 in the morning Bellamy shows up to help me with the rest of my things while Octavia is in class. He knocks on the door and I answer.

"Hey. You have everything packed?" He asks.

"Yeah."

He walks over to my bed where I have my suitcase and some boxes.

It takes a few trips, but after about 20 minutes we have everything in his truck. He drives me to his, now our, apartment. We take my stuff inside and sit it in Octavia's room because we had decided that I would share with her. After we finish unloading it's about 11.

"So, what do you wanna do?" Bellamy asks.

"I don't really know." I say.

"Okay then." He says, standing up. He gets the remote and turns on Chalet Girl before plopping down on the couch beside me. He grabs a blanket and drapes it over both of us.

We sit there and watch for a bit and eventually I start to get tired. I barely slept last night and had to wake up earlier than usual today.

I eventually give in to my fatigue and lay my head on Bellamy's shoulder. He readjusts so that his arm is around me. After a few minutes I fall asleep in his embrace.

When I wake up the TV is off and Bellamy is sitting with his arm still around me and scrolling through Twitter on his phone.

"Morning sleepyhead." He says when he sees that I'm awake.

I blush and smile. "What time is it?" I ask.

"Around 2." He says.

Just then the door opens and Octavia walks in.

"Woah, what did I just interrupt?" She asks when she sees Bellamy and I are so close. He quickly moves his arm.

"Nothing." I say, blushing once again.

"Okay..." she says with a suspicious look. "Carry on."

She walks down the hall and into her room. After a few minutes I do the same.

I walk in and see her sitting on the bed staring at her phone.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask, plopping down beside her.

"You know that guy I've been talking to?" She says.

"Liam?" I ask.

"His name is Lincoln but close enough." She says. "He just asked me on a date."

"Really?" I say, excited.

"Yeah." She says, her cheeks red.

"That's great!" I say win a huge smile on my face. "Wait, does Bellamy know that you're seeing a guy who's like 5 years older than you?"

"No, but don't say anything." She says.

"When are you gonna tell him?" I ask.

"I'll tell him tonight." She says.

"It's not that big a deal that he's older right? Like to Bellamy?"

"I hope not." She says.