Chapter 10

We spend a few hours picking out the perfect outfit. They're apparently going to a bowling alley. We decide on a pair of jean shorts with a striped top with her hair in a French braid down her back.

At 5:55 we walk out of her, now our, room and see Bellamy still sitting on the couch.

"Where are you two going?" He asks.

"I'm not going anywhere, but your little sister has a date." I say.

"A date? Really?" He says sarcastically.

"Shut up." She says giggling.

"Do I know him?" Bellamy asks.

"No you don't. His name is Lincoln and he's 25." She says, her words getting quieter as the statement went on.

"Okay," He says. "Have fun."

"You're not mad?" Octavia says, confused.

"It's your decision." He says calmly. "You're an adult and I don't get to control your life. I'm happy for you."

Her smile is huge as she runs over to him and bends down to hug him. She has her face buried in his shoulder. "I love you Bell." She says, her voice muffled.

"I love you too, O." He says.

Her phone dings and she looks out the window. "He's here. Bye guys." She says before walking out the door with a huge smile on her face.

"I hated saying that." Bellamy says to me after she leaves. "I just didn't want her to get mad and call me overprotective or something."

"I figured that was what was happening. It seemed a bit out of character. But it was cool if you to say." I respond. "You know that your opinion means a lot to her." I walk towards him and sit on the couch next to him.

"Yeah I know. I just hope she doesn't get hurt." He says.

"I know. Me too." I respond, laying my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arm around me like he did earlier today.

There's a few minutes of silence before he speaks again. "Well, what do you wanna do? We should go somewhere fun instead of sitting around all night."

"Yeah we should." I say.

"You wanna meet one of my friends? I know you haven't really met any." He says.

"Sure." I say.

"Alright. I'll text him." He says. He pulls his arm away from me and gets his phone out of his pocket.

After a few minutes he says "Get ready. We're going to a bar."

"Okay." I say. I get up and go into my room and pull a pair of skinny jeans with holes and a loose fitting red shirt out of my suitcase that I haven't unpacked yet. I pull my hair into a ponytail and put on a pair of white converses.

When I walk back out of my room Bellamy is still sitting on the couch. "That was fast." He says.

"Yeah I guess." I say. "Is this okay?" I say gesturing towards my clothes.

"Yeah. Let me change and then we'll go."

In a few minutes he walks out with a black hoodie and a pair of jeans on. "You ready?" He asks.

"Yeah."

We walk out of the apartment and get in his truck and drive for about 15 minutes before we're at a bar.

We get out of the car and walk inside. There's a guy around Bellamy's age sitting on a barstool and when he sees us he smiles. Bellamy guides me over to him and sits down so I sit next to Bellamy.

"Clarke, this is my friend, Miller."

"Hey Clarke." He says. He extends his hand past Bellamy and I do the same.

We all talk for a while. We get along pretty well. Miller is pretty funny and he always has a smile on his face. He isn't going to college and he is a construction worker. He also has a boyfriend named Bryan who sounds like a nice enough guy from Miller's description.

At around 10 the bell on the door rings saying that someone opened it. I turn to see Finn walking in. He sees me and motions for me to go to him.

I turn to Bellamy. "Finn is here. I have to go talk to him." I say.

He starts to stand up. "I should come with you." He says.

"No it's fine. I think he's sober. I'll text you if I need you." I say.

He nods and I walk out the door.

Finn is standing just outside the bar.

"Hey." I say awkwardly.

"Clarke, I'm sorry. I don't expect you to take me back and that's not what I'm asking for." He says.

"Are you drunk?" I ask.

"Well I came here to get drunk like I have done every night since you ended things. I love you and I'm sorry. I just want to know if you can forgive me."

"I already have." I say. I lean towards him and wrap my arms around him, burying my face in his chest. He kisses the top of my head. "I love you too." I say with tears welling up in my eyes.

He lets go of me and turns and walks to his car. He gets in and leaves. The tears are streaming down my face. I needed this. I didn't want to leave things the way they were.

I try and fail to compose myself. I walk back inside with my eyes red and puffy.

"What's wrong? What did he say?" Bellamy says as soon as he sees me. I look over to see Miller with a concerned look on his face.

"Can we just go?" I ask.

"Yeah." Bellamy says. He stands up and  gets my purse and turns to Miller. "I'm really sorry. We have to go."

"No it's fine. Hope everything's okay Clarke. Bye." I smile a bit and nod.

Bellamy puts his arm around me and I lean into him and we walk out together.

Once we get into his truck all hell breaks loose. I begin sobbing uncontrollably. It's not that I'm regretting my decision about Finn, it's just that seeing him brought everything that happened back to the surface. I'm glad it happened though. I'm glad Finn and I broke it off sooner rather than later. Bellamy holds me and lets me soak his hoodie. After a few minutes I compose myself and scoot away and put my seatbelt on.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"There's nothing for you to be sorry about." He says. He buckles up and drives away.

Once we're back at home we walk in to see Octavia sitting on the couch.

"Hey O." I say. "How was your date?" I put my stuff down and walk over to sit by her.

"It was great. I really like him, he's so sweet." She says.

"Oh that's good." Bellamy says, sitting down beside me.

"Sorry," Octavia says. "This is probably awkward for you."

"No it's fine." Bellamy says.

We all talk for about half an hour and what happened tonight doesn't come up. Around 11 we all go to bed.