.four.

O R T I Z

I woke up, grabbed my small bag of clothes I had for the four day trip and checked on Marco who seemed to be in a more peaceful sleep than usual.

After I made sure everything was set I went down to meet with the other men that were going. We all grabbed our weapons, putting the guns and knives in their rightful places, hidden away in our suits.

When we were all ready we piled into cars, I would be in the one with Osvaldo and one other guard.

We had a long car ride ahead of us and I had no plans to speak but Osvaldo was concerned about Marco and asked, "How's Marco been doing?"

"Better, I think." I simply answered.

He left it at that and the rest of the ride I was silent.

* * *

When we finally got to where Osvaldo was meeting we all got out of the cars. All we were informed was that four guards would be going into the warehouse with Osvaldo, I was one of those men. Everyone else would be waiting outside for a signal if anything were to go wrong.

Something told me that it would go wrong as soon as we walked in.

I, along with the other men shielding Osvaldo, looked around, noticing that there were two men with the what seemed to be the boss of the organization in the middle if the room. There were other men around the abandoned building, hiding, or trying to.

I glanced over to see the leader of the four of us that came in here with Osvaldo whisper something into his ear piece, I instantly heard it along with every other guard.

"This doesn't look so good. Back up, be ready."

Once we were in front of the other men the main one smiled at Osvaldo, "It's an honor to be a part of your last official business transaction."

I didn't like his tone or the look in his eyes.

I listened closely and looked around watching the other men. My eyes darted back to the men in front of me when I heard the click of a gun, "Sorry, this will be the last of you." One of the guards was in front of Osvaldo and the rest of us were shielding him as we lead him out of the building before the words left his mouth.

Shots were fired, the rest of our men came in and just as we were almost out one of the men hiding in the warehouse came out of the shadows and ran at us. I left my position beside Osvaldo as the other two got him out safely. I instantly got into hand to hand with the man that came to attack Osvaldo and I was starting to get the upper hand until he pulled out a knife. I reached for my gun and shot the guy just as someone came behind me stabbing me in the shoulder.

I groaned but quickly turned and shot him too. I shot a few more before I got out of the building.

I got back to the car I came in and one of the men that came with me thankfully helped. He made me get in the back of the car as he distracted me and ripped out the knife. I held in my screams of pain and settled for strained groans and pants.

He quickly and sloppily stitched me up as well as covered it, saying it would hold until we got back and a doctor could look at it.

"Thank you." I groaned out as the car we were in sped up to get away.

M A R C O