Something Missing

Start from the beginning

"Oh.. I'm so sorry.. What was his name?" I apologize.

"Its ok, and his name was Goth. I don't know if he kept that name or not, but if he did I don't know how he wouldn't be teased if his name was still Goth. It would just be stupid on his parents part," the skeleton says, anger in his voice at the parent about the parents. I stare at the skeleton I've never met before, mouth hanging slightly open. "What?" He asks, noticing my expression.

 "M-My name is Goth," I say, suddenly wary of this stranger. He jumps up and backs away a few steps.

"I-I'm so sorry.. I h-have to go.." He stutters. With that he disappears into thin air. Ok that was very crazy, what the heck does this mean. Has he ever been around while I was talking to somebody who mentioned my name? How does he know my name? That story can't be true can it? Who is he?

Palette's POV

This is... I can't believe this is happening! Have I finally found Goth? After giving up hope years ago? I don't know, but I sure hope so. 

My thoughts race as I sprint down the street I walked so many times, hoping that luck would bring Goth to me. I skid to a halt in front of a familiar address, knocking on the door so hard it might've broken off the hinges if it hadn't been opened. 

"MR. GENO I FOUND HIM CHANGE HIM BACK!" I shout at the skeleton who opened the door.

"Woah kiddo. Found who? Also, Geno is actually upstairs, you going blind or something?" Reaper jokes. I cringe. Oops.

"Sorry Mr. Reaper..." I mutter.

"Nah it's ok kiddo, now come in and explain why you almost broke the door down," Reaper laughs. I step through the doorway into a bright and cheerful living room. It's not what you'd expect from such a dark, depressing looking family. I take a seat on the couch and start to talk.

"Mr. Geno told me that if I found Goth he would get what's her name the scientist to change him back into a skeleton! And she said she'd restore his memories so he'd remember me and today I found him! He was at the mall sitting on his bench because it's his birthday even though he didn't tell me that I know it and I found him so now you have to change him back!" I say very quickly. Reaper looks amused.

"Ok, so where is he? We kind of need to have Goth with us if you expected us to change him back, which I totally support." Reaper says, expression becoming more serious. I facepalm. Why didn't I think of that. This is totally my fault.

"Uhhh I'll be right back!" I say, before teleporting to where Goth was minutes ago. Thank you teleportation. he isn't there. I groan. Now I have to track Goth down again. It took me eight years to do it after we left the Underground, I don't know if I even have a chance now. Wait, yes I do, I just saw the top of his hood moving through the crowd. I start sprinting after him, sometimes running into others who give me dirty looks before continuing with their shopping.

"Goth!" I call desperately. This causes him to stop for a minute and glance around. In that time I reach him, and grab his arm. he tries to yank away.

"Dude get off, this isn't funny!" He growls, shaking his arm. "At first I thought this was just a prank, but I know that you're really just crazy!"

"Please Goth this is for your own good!" I plead.

"Yeah right, get away from me weirdo!" 

We're causing a huge scene, and many of the people and monsters have stopped to watch us struggle. I sigh.

"If you're not going to come with me willingly I have other methods. Your parents miss you, and regret their decision you know!" I cry.

"I won't come with you at all. Creep." Goth retaliates. I take a deep breath and teleport inside the house I had left minutes earlier. "Where are we? Take me home!" Goth screeches once I let go.