Dumbledore's Speech and Uncomfortable Feelings

Harry and I walk into The Great Hall, and we make our way towards the Gryffindor table. I see Hermione, Ron, Ginny, and Max all looking in our direction.

When we make it to the table and sit down, Hermione speaks. "Where have you been? What happened to your face?"

"Later. What've I missed", Harry sighs.

"Sorting Hat urged us all to be brave and strong in these troubled times. Easy for it to say, huh? It's a hat, isn't it", Ron answers, making me chuckle.

"Ron, you're ridiculous sometimes", I chuckle, as I glance around. I see Draco watching me, making me tense up a bit. He looks away from me, when he notices that I caught him.

I clench my jaw, when Max speaks.

"Hey, you okay", Max asks me.

"I'm fine", I lie, when I feel someone wrap their arms around me, making me jump.

"Did I scare you, kitten", Jason whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. And not good shivers.

"H-Hi, Jason... No, you didn't scare me... You just startled me", I reply, tensing up at the feeling of his arms around me.

I don't like Jason. He creeps me out. I feel really uncomfortable, when I'm around him cause he's really touchy and feely. Max doesn't say anything cause he thinks Jason's just joking and cause he doesn't know that it's makes me uncomfortable.

Jason releases me and takes a seat right next to me, when Dumbledore speaks.

"Very best evenings to you all..." The room slowly quiets down and the whole rooms heads turn towards Dumbledore. "First off, let me introduce the newest member of our staff... Horace Slughorn", Dumbledore starts. Slughorn stands up, and we all clap, as he waves at us, smiling. "Professor Slughorn, I'm happy to say, has agreed to resume his old post as Potions Master. Meanwhile, the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts... will be taken by Professor Snape", Dumbledore continues, making a majority of the room question his words.

The Slytherin table claps quite loudly, making me look over. The whole table is happy about it and acknowledging it... except for one person.... Draco.

He's just staring at the table, emotionless.

God, what the bloody hell is wrong with him?!

I feel Jason slide his arm around my waist, making me tense up again.

I would just love to smack him and tell him off cause I don't take shit from anybody, but... I can't do that. I mean, Jason is Max's best friend, and I may be feisty and brave, but... I'm not gonna ruin their friendship because I'm uncomfortable. I can deal with him and his... touchiness, but I can't deal with Max hating me for the rest of my life.

I love Max. He is my brother, and the best brother a girl could have, at that. I'm not gonna hurt him for selfish reasons....

"Now, as you know, each and every one of you was searched upon your arrival here tonight. And you have the right to know why. Once there was a young man, who, like you, sat in this very hall, walked this castle's corridors, slept under its roof. He seemed to all the world a student like any other. His name? Tom Riddle...", Dumbledore sighs, making my eyes widen and my heart beat faster.

Voldemort?

Oh no....

"Today, of course, he's known all over the world by another name.Which is why, as I stand looking out upon you all tonight, I'm reminded of a sobering fact. I'm reminded of a sobering fact... Everyday, every hour... this very minute, perhaps... dark forces attempt to pentrate this castle's walls. But in the end, their greatest weapon... is you. Just something to think about. Now, off to bed. Pip-pip", Dumbledore finishes, making me glance over at Draco.

He's still just staring at the table, emotionless, fazed by nothing. Everyone starts to stand up and walks towards the door, and I look over at Draco. He slowly looks up to see me looking at him. I quicky look away and stand up.

I follow everyone towards the crowd, getting lost into it, so Jason can't find me.