Eighteen: First Love Never Dies

Start from the beginning

"I know that.."

"What's the reason of changing anyway? Scared that you might fall for me again for the second time?" Troy boasted.

"You and your ego never changed." I laughed.

"Not really.. it kind of changed all because of one girl.."

"Really? Who?" I asked questionably.

He's about to respond but it's our turn in the queue.

"Two mocha frappucinos, one caramel waffle and one chocolate glazed donut." He said to the cashier.

"$15 please."

He handed the chunk of bills then carried the tray with our orders walking towards our seat.

I grabbed my stuff lying on the couch and sat comfortably on the squishy couch whilst he laid the tray on the table and doing the same thing too.

I took the venti sized mocha frappucino and took a sip.

Yeah, mocha frappes never failed to amaze me.

I took a bite sized piece of the waffle and dipped it in the caramel sauce and smothered it with the whipped cream and taking a bite.

Starbucks' caramel waffles are the bomb!

The crispy edges of the waffle and the soft inside, the luscious caramel syrup dripping on the waffle and all the fluffy whipped cream topping the sweet, crispy waffle is the same as trickling your taste buds and tasting heaven in a plate.

Troy is staring at me as he sipped on his mocha frappucino but it doesn't matter, I was busy finishing off my waffle and left my plate clean.

I used to be like this with Troy too. Eating a caramel waffle in less than five minutes and cleaning all the syrup or crumbs left on my plate.

After eating, I wanted another one again but it's embarrassing to ask him for another one.

I glanced at him and he glanced back at me with his chocolate glazed donut on his hand.

I kind of snickered, knowing that he loved the chocolate donut here since we were kids.

"How many years was it again?"

"Ten." I replied flatly.

"Yeah.. so.. tell me everything." He said whilst munching on his donut.

I absolutely love to see him eating that same chocolate donut.

He starts from the sides, muching towards the center and licking the chocolate glaze while he's at it.

"You don't need to know.." I sighed.

"I need to!" He screeched, slamming the donut on the plate and his eyes looking like it's about to bulge.

That startled me and it even made me flinch.

He stooped down and I guess he calmed a bit and leaned on the couch.

"I'm sorry.. I just.." He softly whispered.

"It's alright.."

"I just wanted to know why you left me with no reason.."

"There's a reason--"

"What?" He interrupted.

And so.. I told him everything.

The same things I told Kimberly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He angrily asked, clenching his fists.

"That's because if I did then.. those girls would haunt me again.. that experience will haunt me.." I cried out.