Chapter 7

Bruno's POV

So we were sat in this all you can eat place, all we seemed to do was go to these places - not that I'm complaining, me and food have a love love relationship!  Carmen was sat next to me at the table but she was deep in coversation with Brandon about something or other.  Suddenly I heard her say "come to LA" and my ears perked up... I was trying to talk to Eric but listen to their conversation at the same time.

Eric: "Yo! Bruno! anyone in there?" *snaps fingers*

Bruno: "Wait - what? what happened?"

Eric: "Bro stop daydreaming and finish eating, we gotta go get ready for the show!"

We all finished up, paid the bill and as we were about to leave the restaurant Carmen said she'd see us back at the Chelsea as she had to use the bathroom but she knew we had to hurry - Brandon said he'd stay back and wait for her so we all waved goodbye and ran back up the strip to get ready.  I had a white logo t-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers and black jacket to wear for tonight.  I had my hair styled into the Whomp and Stomp - which took forever and let me tell you, I think with the amount of hairspray in this thing I must have widened the hole in the Ozone layer!

Brandon's POV

I'd been trying to talk to Carmen all evening and finally managed to get my chance to when I said I'd wait back for her at the restaurant.  I knew Bruno had heard us say LA when we were talking and I will be honest, I did say that purposefully loudly so he'd hear it.  I knew those 2 would kill me for it but they would make a great couple and I couldn't resist playing 'Cupid' as Carmen had put it earlier.

Carmen came out of the bathroom and walked over to me smiling. "Hey B" she said linking arms with me "so what's the plan for tonight?" she asked.

Brandon: "WELL Miss Rodrigues... the guys have gone back to get ready for the show, I thought we could hang out togethr beforehand and then take our front row seats and watch the show then see where the night takes us all, although I gotta be on a flight back to LA tomorrow - something's come up but I will meet you off the plane in 2 days when you fly back with the guys, I've already booked your ticket!"

Carmen: "Wow Brandon thank you SO much! I didn't realise you'd been so organised already and you are SURE, 100% that it's OK that I stay with you for a week or so until I decide what I'm gonna do..."

Brandon: "for the LAST TIME Carmelita it's FINE! Seriously I'm happy to have ya stay with me - it'll be nice to actually spend some time with ya as I barely get to see ya with work and everything!"

Carmen: "Aw thanks B" she said as we walked into the Cosmopolitan, we went straight to the Chelsea and saw the guys up on stage setting up and getting one final practice in.  They all waved but I stopped Carmen from going forward - she looked at me curiously.

Brandon: "Now Carmelita, I have something that I need to talk to you about... Sit down here" I said pointing to some of the rear floor seats. "You mentioned earlier how you feel like you are in a bit of a 'stalemate' so to speak work wise, am I right?" - Carmen nodded looking suspicious - "Well I happen to be having some PR and marketing problems at the moment, my recent PR girl I had to let go because she just wasn't up to scratch - How would you like to maybe come and do some work with me and for me - for the band and some of my other signings?  The deal is you can do it for as long as you like while you are here, if you like it we can maybe sort it for you to do it full time.  It can even be done from the UK or here if you fancied a total change!"

Carmen: Looking at me, open mouthed, at a loss for words - a first for Carmen let me tell you! "WOW... Brandon... I... I... I... WOW..."

Brandon: "So I finally managed to make the great Carmelita speechless eh?" I laughed.

Carmen: "I don't know what to say! Can I think a little, it's just a lot to take in with everything that's happened recently."

I of course agreed and looking at my Rolex watch I realised we had to move as the doors were opening in 5 minutes.  We made our way backstage where Bruno was giving the team a pep talk - Carmen went and sat on the sofa in the dressing room, took out her iphone and started emailing or texting someone.

Carmen's POV

Like WOW - Brandon - AKA my celebrity (ish) BFF had asked me to do some work for him - he even mentioned me moving out here if I wanted to?! I mean seriously this whole situation just got majorly surreal!  After we went backstage I sneaked away and sat in the guys dressing room - getting out my phone I text messaged a good friend of mine from back home - Amber.  The message went like this: Yo bitch face! Lol sorry babe - ya got a minute? I know it's like early hours of the morning in the UK but is there ANY chance you're awake? Love ya xxx - Within 2 minutes I had a response: Wassup whorebag? Missing me already? And YES I am obviously still awake... want me to call you? loveya more bitch xxx

I stepped away fro the guys and went to the opposite side of the room and called Amber myself, better my phone bill than hers after all.  She answered after 5 rings:

Amber: "heeeeeeeey gorgeous! How are ya what's up?"

Carmen: "Hey sweetie - needed to bounce an idea off you and you are one of the only people I trust to give me an honest answer."

Amber: "shoot sweetie, you know you can trust me..."

Carmen: "OK so I ran into Brandon here in Vegas..."

Amber: "What are you doing in VEGAS ?! and more importantly WHERE was my invite?!"

Carmen: "OK - in short, Steven beat me up  the last time it would happen as I ended it, I told my boss, he gave me a leave of absence on the proviso that I am available if needed.  I came to Vegas, Brandon was here and I've been hanging with him since then - him and Bruno Mars and the band... NOW Brandon has invited me to stay in LA with him for a few days but he's also offered me a possible job - meaning I could move out here permanently... NOW I don't know what to do because it's all happening at once and... [taking a deep breath]... Shit... I just don't know!"

Amber: "OK Carm - a few things... 1. Steven BEAT you and you NEVER told me? 2. Well done for leaving him, he was an ugly, pompous prick and you deserve better 3. you are forgiven for not inviting me, you would have normally... 4. BRUNO MARS?! HOW can you be so calm?! 5. How fit is he and have you shagged him yet? and FINALLY 6. I say go for it with the job - Brandon's always been a brother to you and this could be a great opportunity - plus this way I can come visit you in LA and meet a sexy musician!"

I laughed so hard at the final few points - I had tears running down my face at the shagging comment.  Brandon called over to me to say we had to take our seats so I held one finger up to say give me 1 second "Good Luck guys!" I shouted over to the band as they walked out... "OK Amber I gotta go but no I haven't done that... YET... and yes you could come visit haha! Loveya bitch face and speak tomorrow." - "Bye whorebag loveya - now go fuck Bruno's brains out!" as Amber hung up I laughed - took Brandon's arm and we made our way to the seats we had reserved... 

Brandon: "what was so funny and who were you talking to?"

Caren: "SSSSHHHHHHHH Brandonito - the show's starting" and there they were, Bruno at the front of the stage, right in front of me....