Chapter 18

Bruno's POV

I awoke early the next morning and smiled as I opened my eyes, seeing Carmen sleeping soundly in my arms with a small smile on her face. Just as I was thinking she couldn't look any more beautiful her eyes fluttered open and she blinked a few times, smiling when she focused her vision on me.

Carmen: " Morning handsome"

Bruno: "Morning beautiful"

Carmen: "Oh My GOD, wait... it's MORNING? SHIT! Brandon was expecting me home last night!" she said sitting up suddenly, gripping the sheets to her chest. 

Bruno: "Baby, it's OK I'll call Brandon now and tell him we got talking and you fell asleep here so I didn't wanna disturb you."

Carmen: "Really? You think he'll buy it?"

Bruno: "Honestly? I think he expected you to come back here last night - he would have called you otherwise right?"

Carmen: "I guess..."

Bruno: "Now, can I get a good morning hug and kiss or what?"

Carmen: "Oh I suppose so!"

She leaned over and gave me a huge hug, pulling away she touched her lips to mine, making me smile.

Bruno:"I could get used to this."

Carmen: "to what babe?"

Bruno:"Waking up next to you in the morning - going to sleep next to you at night - making love to you over and over and over" I punctuated the over's with kisses on her neck, collar bone and throat making her giggle a bit at the tickling sensation.

Carmen:"Well Mr Mars, I can certainly now understand why you have that nickname, the sex dragon" I laughed - I still have no idea really why that came up - silly comment in the moment, but hey - there are worse things to be called right?!

At that point we heard a phone ring - Carmen's. She darted out of bed, grabbing my shirt that had landed on my bedside lampshade, putting it on and trying to find her purse with her stuff in, she finally got to the phone and answered it.

Carmen: "Carmen Rodrigues - oh hey Brandon - yeah the date went well thanks - no I just fell asleep here and Bruno didn't wanna wake me. Yeah I'm coming home soon. Yes I'll tell him. OK Bye!"

Bruno:"Brandon huh?" I asked as she crawled back into bed next to me, snuggling into my arms, still in my shirt. "That shirt looks good on you baby"

Carmen: "Yeah that was Brandon, assumed I stayed here - he's making breakfast if we hurry we can get some!"

Bruno: "Food? Count me in - I seem to be absolutely starving after building up an appetite last night" I said winking and wiggling my eyebrows - Carmen laughed and got out of bed.

Carmen: "Bruno, can I like borrow some normal clothes? I'm thinking the walk of shame in my dress and heels isn't exactly a good idea..."

Bruno:"Sure baby - although I'll drive us over there just in case - here have this t-shirt vest, jersey shorts and shirt they are small ish on me so still might be a bit big on you but will fit better than anything else. I have some sneakers as well if you wanna try them?" 

Carmen tried on the stuff and looked HOTT HOT in them - they were a bit big on her but not to bad - the sneakers were a bit big but again she's only going from the car to the house. she disappeared into the bathroom to fix her make up and hair and she came out with her hair in a top knot bun, her make up looking natural and looking gorgeous. I had caught her staring at me as I got dressed - making me smile as she blushed when I caught her looking.

Grabbing our stuff we headed out, hand in hand to my car where we hopped in to go get breakfast and get questioned by Brandon. 

Carmen:"Bruno, before we go - what are we now? I mean a lot happened last night and I don't regret it one little bit but if I am going to stay out here for a while, I'd just like to know what the score is." 

I turned off the ignition and turned to face her, taking her face in my hands I leaned in and kissed her gently. "I know what I want - I want us to be together, as a couple - take it slowly and see how it goes but I really like you Carmen and I hope I proved that last night"

Carmen smiled a huge smile at me, kissed me again and said "That is exactly how I feel Bruno. I really like you!... [pause] ... WOW... Bruno Mars is my boyfriend - seriously no one will believe this back home!"

Bruno:"They might when we start getting snapped together by photographers and journalists - I'll try to keep that to a minimum though - to help you adjust to it."

Carmen: "Bruno I'm used to all that, working in PR and Marketing like I do with celebrities I always have them snapping around me. I'll be fine I promise - now [stomach rumbles] time to go get food and grilled by my annoying best friend!"

Laughing Bruno started up the car and drove us down the road, pulling into the driveway the door opened and Brandon stood smirking on the doorstep.

Brandon:"Carm-e-lita! Change of clothes?"

Carmen: "Well B, I didn't wanna do any form of walk of shame so Bruno lent me some sweats - I need to go change so I'll be right back" as she tried to dart past Brandon his arm shot out and stopped her.

Brandon:"NO NO NO Carmen - you are not escaping me that easily! Now tell me what the score is here or no breakfast!"

Bruno :"Boss no need for that man!"

Carmen: [groaning] "OK OK OK OK OK Me and Bruno are a couple - we are going to take it slowly and see what happens."

Brandon:"Slowly? that's what you call staying over last night?"

Carmen: "None of your business Boss Man! Now We told, where's the food I'm starving!"

Brandon: "Built up an appetite?"

Carmen: "I am always hungry Brandon you know that - and Bruno - well he's just Bruno - food is his middle name!" 

We went inside and the questioning continued for a bit but Brandon knew the score - and I hope he knows I will take care of my girl. The entire time at breakfast I either held her hand or had my arm around her - it just felt so natural!