Chapter 21

Carmen’s POV

The following morning I woke up and stretched, my hand hitting something warm and soft as I reached up. Looking over I saw Bruno, looking like a little sleeping angel – he stirred, rolled over and trapped me with his arms, pulling me close to him. “Morning gorgeous” he mumbled and I snuggled back into him “Morning baby” I smiled happily.

Suddenly my phone went off on the bedside table and as I tried to reach over and answer it, Bruno grabbed me back so it was just out of my reach.

Carmen: “Bruno!”

Bruno: “Yes”

Carmen: “My phone!”

Bruno: “what about it?”

Carmen: “I need to answer it”

Bruno :”No you don’t”

At that point my phone rang off to answerphone and Bruno’s started ringing.

Carmen: “mmmm-hmmmm you see someone needs to speak to us”

Bruno: “They can wait”

Carmen: “Bruno seriously move yo lazy ass and get the phone or else they won’t stop ringing”

Bruno: “yes they will”

Carmen: “I bet you 20 bucks they keep calling”

Bruno: “OK You’re ON!”

The phone stopped ringing, 15 seconds passed and Bruno started to get a cocky, know it all grin on his face, he opened his mouth to say ‘I told you so’ but then our phones both started ringing again. Smiling I looked at him:

 Carmen: “Ahem, let me clear my throat before I say this *cough* I. Told. You. So!”

Bruno: “Know it all”

Carmen: “Pay up Mars!”

 I picked up my phone as Bruno got his; we both had a similar conversation – me with Brandon, Bruno with Eric. They wanted us down at Brandon’s office ASAP – we quickly got showered – which led to getting a bit ‘distracted’ in the bathroom *blushing*.

 About an hour and a half later we rocked up to Atlantic Records and signed in at reception. Making our way down the halls hand in hand we finally made it to Brandon’s office – we walked straight in as he knew we were coming – we saw everyone there – the whole band sat around – they stopped and looked at us as soon as we walked in.

Eric: “Well what took you two so long to get here – not that I need to ask!”

Brandon: “Took you two long enough!”

Kameron: “Someone got lucky didn’t they Bruno, wink wink!”

Phredley: *singing* “she’s up all night til’ the sun, I’m up all night to get some, we’re up all night…”

Dwayne: *continuing singing*  “to get lucky”

John: “Ha ha – took the words outta my mouth boys!”

Carmen: “All right you lot simmer down – why are we here anyway? Thought today was a day off?”

Bruno: “yeah what’s the deal? We were gonna have a lazy day by the pool!”

Eric: “Oh a ‘Lazy’ Day huh?” **in air quotes**

Brandon: “Well boys… and Carmen obviously… I have a little bit of news for you all… it’s not great I am afraid. And I felt it best that you are all here – to support Carmen.”

Carmen: “Support me? Brandon can I speak to you outside for a second please?”

Brandon:  “Sure Carm”

 We walked outside the room and shut the door, walking down the hallway a bit I stopped, turned and crossed my arms.

 Carmen: “Brandon what’s going on – if something is happening that involves me I’d rather you tell me first before announcing whatever it is in front of people I really only met a few weeks ago.”

Brandon: “OK Carmen I am sorry, I did this the wrong way but I felt it was the best way if you get my meaning?”

Carmen: “So…”

Brandon: “So…”

Carmen: “Fucking spit it out Brandon!” I shouted, causing Bruno to stick his head out the door.

Brandon: “We’re OK Bruno don’t worry”

Carmen: “Yeah we are OK babe – be back in a minute OK”

Bruno: “OK call me if you need me”

Brandon: “How do I say this?”

Carmen: “I said – Spit It Out Now Brandon! Before I get really pissed off!”

Brandon: “Carmen” he said taking my hands in his “I got a call through from someone – Steven”

Carmen: “St-Steven? As in my EX Steven?”

Brandon: “yeah – that’s the one babe”

Carmen: “And…”

Brandon: “He’s coming for you he said – he wants you back and he couldn’t contact you. Someone told him you were with me”

Carmen: “But – how? Why? When?”

Brandon: “I’ve contacted some people but I think we need to step up security around you and Bruno – just in the meantime. He won’t hurt you Carmen OK? I promise you that”

 I started crying, in shock that Steven would go this far! In shock that he was vindictive enough to even try to come after me. In shock that I had dragged Bruno, Brandon and everyone into this mess. This was MY mess and I’d sort it – my way. At that point Bruno and Eric came out to see what was taking so long and saw me getting upset. Immediately they were near me, Bruno’s arms around me, Brandon filling Eric in on what had happened. My sobs subsided and I managed to start breathing normally again.

 Eric: “I’m gonna go tell the guys OK? Come in when you are ready Carmen OK? You are not alone in this OK we will protect you. You’re part of the Hooligan family now!”

Carmen: “Thanks Panda, Love you guys to bits – I really appreciate it”

Eric: “Anytime sweetheart”

Bruno: “We’ll go in whenever you want OK?”

Carmen: “OK B, can you give me a few minutes out here on my own?”

Bruno: “You sure babe?”

Carmen: “yeah B…”

 Bruno went back into the room and I used the time to make my escape – I was going back to Brandon’s packing my stuff and getting a flight back home. There was NO way I was allowing them to get caught up in this shit. They didn’t deserve it and I’d face Steven myself, in my own way, without involving them. Then maybe I could come back when it was all over – maybe Bruno would forgive me for leaving – I wouldn’t blame him if he met someone else.