Chapter 3

I have to admit this is the first time I was ever excited for my alarm to ring.I got out of bed and did my daily routine. Except this time I left my hair curly and bouncy.

For today's outfit I wore a burgundy dress. I paired it with some black heeled sandals and my same black purse.

I headed out the door and to McCarthy Enterprises.

Once I arrived a lady named "Stacy" offered to give me a tour of the place. Apparently she was the secretary.Since I had enough time on my hands I agreed.

I learned all about the rooms and was surprised by the fact that Mr.McCarthy has his own floor and private elevator.

"Its almost 8:00. Mr.McCarthy always arrives on time. At this time you should be going down to the break room and making his coffee. He likes it dark and bitter." She said rushing everything out at once. "I have to go if you have any more questions contact me." She gave me her card with her number and stuff on it.

"Alright thanks." I said

So I went to the break room on the 10th floor. There are three of them. One on the second floor,one on the fifth , and one on the 10th. I made his coffee exactly like she said to make it. After that I went up to the 18th floor in a rush to be there on time.

I knocked on the doors until he said come in.

"Good morning sir" I said walking over to his desk. "Here is your coffee." I said smiling while having it out so he can reach for it.

Nothing. Not even a thank you , a sound ,or a look. He just stared at his computer as if I wasn't there. I decided to clear my throat.

"uh umm"

He raised his eyebrows. "Ms.Becks is there a reason why you are standing over me?"

"I was waiting for you to grab your coffee sir."

He shook his head and took in a deep breath. "Common sense will tell you to just sit it down on the desk if I am not interested in taking it from your hand. Now have a seat."

I placed the coffee on the desk and sat down. He should really work on his attitude. I took out my notebook and pen.

"So Mr.McCarthy, what tasks do I have today?" I asked.

"You see that huge pile of folders over there?"

"Yes"

"Load every one of those contacts and their information into your computer. Come back and place them on my desk when you are finish. Your office is right behind that door over there ." He said pointing to a black door on the right side of his office.

"Yes sir." I responded.

"Now let's go over the rules. Rule #1 : Don't disturb me unless I get important phone calls from other companies. I don't like a lot of noise so keep it quiet. #2 : Ms.Becks I do not tolerate any rudeness, disobedience, attitude or sarcastic remarks. If there is any of that you will be fired in as quick as a snap. You have three strikes. Lastly, #3 : Be full aware in meetings. Write down everything important and stay on task. You will be here everyday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 P.m. unless I need you to stay overtime. Never. Be. Late. Now, get started on those files."

"Yes sir"

I grabbed the files ,which were very heavy, and went into my office. It was beautiful. Instead of my office being gray and black like his, mine was a cream color and red. On the desk was an apple Mac book laptop and an apple IPhone. The computer was also apple.

I sat down in the chair and started on the contacts. It would take me FOREVER to do this. Not to mention that I have to do it twice. Once on the computer and again on the laptop.