Bieber Bugs

Nicole’s POV

Slowly walking up the stair to the front door I took a deep breath. Slowly reaching my hand up to the doorbell I lightly pushed it and turned away from the door.

“Moooom, the pizza is here.” A girl’s voice came through the door.

My eyes widened. I slowly looked around before the door flew open reveling a smiley Caitlin that was until she saw me. Her smile disappeared. I swallowed hard putting a smile in my face.

“Hey.” I said with a little wave.

She crossed her arms and raised one of her thin eyebrows.

I cleared my throat. “I’m not here to deliver your pizza but I do need to deliver an apology. I said biting my inside cheek.

 She stared at for a while before saying. “Come on.” She said moving out of the way of the doorway to let me in. I slightly smiled; terrified that she wouldn’t forgive me.

We sat down on the couch, she was quick to whip out her iPhone and start texting.

I squeezed my eyes shut in frustration.

“Listen Caitlin. I’m sorry I have been avoiding you but you have to know, I wanted to avoid myself, and if I could have I would.”

She didn’t even blink looking at her phone.

I rolled my eyes, frustrated as all hell now. I assertively yanked the phone out of her hand and toss it lightly on the couch beside us.

“Hey!” she screeched.

“Caitlin listen to me, please.” I said with pleading eyes.

She tilted her head and crossed her arms. “Fine.”

I took a deep breath before starting my apology. “Like I said before I’m sorry I was avoiding you, I wanted to avoid myself and my problems. The last thing I wanted to do was bring my friends into the problem. I didn’t want to make my problems your problems.”

“Nicole, that’s what friends are for.” She said shaking her head. “What you went through, it’s something I could never even imagine going through. And to be honest I don’t think I would know how to get through it.”

“So you forgive me?” I asked her with pleading eyes.

She smiled. “Yes I forgive you.” She leaned in and gave me a hug.

I gave her a big smile.

“I missed you so much.” Caitlin told me.

“You too.” I told her.

“Sooo, how are you and Justin?” she asked with a smile, her eyebrows wiggling.

“We are just friends…for right now.” I told her.

Her face fell. “What? Why?”

“Umm, because… I don’t know it just kind of happened, I just really want to take it slow. After everything that happened I don’t think I want a relationship right now.”

“Ok I get it. I think…” she said with a slight chuckle.

.

.

.

It was midnight before I got home from Caitlin’s, I was exhausted. I dragged my body up the stairs. But before walking into my room I walked the opposite of the 2nd floor of the house from my room. Before barging into the room I knocked lightly.