I Don't Care Enough

"Welcome to Georgia Prison, how can I help you?" a lady said with the most dull voice ever. You can tell she loves her job.

"Hi, I'm looking for Mr. Johnson." I said through the plexiglas window.

"Your relationship with the inmate?" she questioned while never looking up from her computer.

"He's my father."

She finally looked up at me. She looked me up and down and rose her eyebrow. "You'll need to fill out some paper work." She stated.

"Okay, thank you." I said before taking the paper work and sitting down.

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket but I choose to ignore it because I knew who it was.

I finished filling out the paper work and brought it back up to the lady, she brought me back to a table surrounded by other tables with inmates talking with family members.

I slowly sat down and continued to look around. Everyone looked happy but you could tell, something was missing. The room felt like it was full of mistakes.

I looked up to see a man walking toward me. He looked older with a lot of facial hair. He wore a dull orange jump suit with the number 647 on it. He had his hands cuffed in the front. He had a mad look on his face.

He looked up and we locked eyes.

He sat down in front of me. Suddenly I felt all the anger and the hatred I had for him come back. Everything he's done to me it's all coming back as if it just happened yesterday.

"Hi Charles." I said in a flat tone.

"Hello, Nicole." He said cocking his head at me.

I just sat there, staring at the man who gave me life but also almost took it away. My whole life I would always come up with stuff to say to him if I ever saw him but now that I'm in this situation, I'm speechless.

"Why are you here Nicole?" he asked while I stare at him.

"I want answers." I demanded.

"Okay, what would you like to know...daughter." He said then leaning back in his chair and smirking.

"First if all I am not your daughter you may have given me life but you are no father to me. Fathers don't punch their wife; fathers don't almost kill their daughters."

"I was getting better and then I saw the front page of a magazine, you and Justin Bieber. I didn't know you were into girls." He said, laughing.

"Wow, is that all prison taught you, was to tell bad jokes?" I shot back.

"Why are you here?" he asked once again.

I looked at him, anger raging in me. I took a deep breath.

"You've been stalking me." I said leaning back in my chair.

"Smart girl"

I glared at him, my jaw tight.

"The day you left and against my will, took me with you, crashed the car YOU were driving, and almost killed me. After all of that, you have the nerve to come back and stalk me, I should sue you."

"So sue me Nicole." He said leaning over the table.

I went silent, still glaring at him.

"But you won't, will you?" he said staring at me. "Yes because you wouldn't sue your own father, would you?"

My head snapped in his direction. "I'm not suing you because I don't care enough about you to do so. I'm not suing you because you already caused enough pain to me and my mom. You don't deserve a single thing from me. I don't care about you. I can't stress that enough. So no I won't sue you, I won't waste money on getting you arrested, you can do that all by yourself. I won't bother my mother because you have a little habit of stalking me." I said very sternly. "I don't care enough, you're dead to me." I said glaring at him before standing up and walking out of the room.