Chapter 9

Warning:  Contains self harm and abusive language

***

"One decision
Two hearts.
While one let go.
The other couldn't move on."

We were sitting in the drawing room.  Mom, dad, my brother, Yash and me.  My dad was reading a newspaper, Yash and me were sprawled on the floor watching television and my mom was cleaning the furniture.

"Mom, I'm  hungry! " My brother, Yash shouted.

"Go, serve yourself, lazy ass! " I teased him.

He glared at me.

"It's on the dining table. Go have it." my mother smiled. She was the best.

"Kia, How is your college going? " my father asked me.
I was a daddy's girl.  He wasn't just a father, he was my friend, listener, my super hero and my role model.  He has struggled alot in his life and after I become a doctor I'm going to repay him for whatever he has done for me.

'I'll  buy him his favorite car.' I always thought to myself.

"It's going great" I said sitting beside him.

"I love you dad! " I said hugging him.

"No, you don't! " he said. I looked at him and blood was oozing out from his  body. I screamed.

"Maaaaa"  I looked at mom and she was lying on the floor still, blood pouring out from her head.

My brother came out of the kitchen holding his stomach.
"You killed us Kia. You killed us!" he shouted as he sat on the floor.

"Noo! I didn't do anything " Tears were running down my face  as I saw my family drenched in blood.

"Don't leave me please!  Dont leave me" I screamed.

"Nooo..... "  I screamed.

My breathing was irregular and my heart beat had risen up.
I was covered with sweat and tears were flowing down my cheeks.

Another nightmare.

I tried to calm myself but it was of no use. I held my sheets tightly as I started taking deep breaths.  But it didn't help. Not even a bit.
I couldn't breathe. I couldn't see anything. Everything was blur.
Shit! I was having another panic attack.
Deep breaths Kia!  I chanted in my brain.

I need pills, I need something that could help me breathe.  I tried to get out of bed but I couldn't even walk properly. I took help  of the side table to stand up and started walking. I opened every drawer, every cupboard, but I couldn't find the pills. Where are my pills?  I was feeling as if I'm  going to die. My lungs were burning due to lack of oxygen. I took my purse from the dressing table and looked for the pills. I finally found it. 
I gulped down two pills with water and slowly sat beside the bed.