It's Not That Easy

weapon of choice ~ (w/c)

•••

"Dude, just ask her out," The Latino groans dramatically, throwing his head back in exasperation as he stomps his feet like a pouty elf (in which he was).

"Easy for you to say." Nico scoffs in reply and diverts his gaze to the (h/c) beauty.

Nico had always admired you from afar, only managing to compose himself several times to hold a casual conversation with you without blushing or tarnishing his bad boy reputation.

Sadly, Leo Valdez had been the one to notice Nico's fond gazes he occasionally cast over to you. And boy, did Leo have a field day taunting the ever-living-snot out of the son of Hades.

"Easy for me to say? I'm still single," Leo remarks with a small smirk. "I mean, my hotness is just too bright for the ladies."

Nico sighs and turns his seemingly tired gaze back to the Latino, crossing his arm over his chest and looking in disappointment to the shorter boy.

"You make me want to throw myself into Tartarus." Nico states firmly, his voice blank.

"Ohoho~ just wait momentarily, my good friend. Your hatred for my beautiful face will soon become worse." Leo declares and flicks his own curls with a growing smirk.

Nico rose a brow at the devious son of Hephaestus, becoming suspicious of his intentions.

"What are yo--?" Nico begins to ask, but Leo speaks first, turning to the direction of the said girl and cupping his hands around his mouth.

"Hey, (y/n)! Nico has a crush o--EEK!"

You look over just as Nico slapping his arm around the Latino, Leo squeaking like a squeaky toy from the force of impact before smacking down to the ground.

"Oh," Hazel mumbles with a growing smile. "I knew it."

"Knew what?" You ask cluelessly, turning your (e/c) eyes back to look at the daughter of Hades.

"You... You don't know what Leo was about to say?" Annabeth asks, disappointed with your obliviousness.

"Well... no." You mumble, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I love you, (y/n), but sometimes I question where your brain is." Hazel sighs as she slings her arm around your shoulders with a wide joking smile.

"I'm still confused." You announce as the two girls lead you away.

Leo huffs, dusting himself off as he stood again, Nico fuming with anger.

"You're making my job impossible, Death Breath." Leo sighs and rolls his eyes, putting his hands on his bone-y hips.

"I didn't hire you for any job," Nico quips quickly as the Latino turns on his heels, walking away to end the conversation.

"I don't get paid enough for this." Leo mumbles with a heavy sigh.

|.°•.°•|

Another restless night.

Nico stayed awake again, laying motionlessly in his bed. He hated insomnia, he hated it.

But yet again, he was okay with it because it only gave him more time to think about you. Not in the perverted way!

He was only wondering how to confess to you, how to ask you out. Leo made it seem so simple, so easy.

"Dude, just walk up to her and be like: 'I like you, you cute'. See, that simple!"

Nico wanted it to be more meaningful than that because he had never actually like someone so deeply before. You actually saw him in a crowd of people, you were the one to approach him and ask him if he was okay when he looked upset.