The "Fluff Couple"

Nico was a timid boy when it came to public displays of affection to his girlfriend, (y/n).

You two had been dating for years now and Nico was still shy about showing affection to you.

Sure, he loved cuddling with you and kissing you.

But in front of people?

They could be staring at him and (y/n)!

He did hold your hand in public whenever he could, giving you an occasional kiss on the cheek or forehead.

But, kissing on the lips in public?

Nico was an innocent bean, he always respected your space and you in general.

He always asked when he wanted to kiss you or hold your hand and you found it overwhelmingly adorable.

"(y/n)." Nico murmurs, nudging the back of his hand against yours as you walked across the pavilion.

You immediately knew this was his way of asking to hold your hand so you grab his hand and intertwine your fingers. Nico squeezes your hand slightly and you squeeze his hand in response.

Little scenarios like this made your heart flutter with how much of a child he is.

He wasn't the dark and mean son of Hades everyone thought he was, he was just a sweet boy who loved people to play with his hair.

You two didn't even have intense kiss sessions much since the both of you were so innocent.

"Can I kiss you?" Nico asks softly as you sit on the steps of the Hades cabin, talking and holding hands.

Your eyes widen slightly.

The pavilion was bustling with people and you two were seen by many of your peers and friends.

You knew Nico didn't like kissing in public, slightly embarrassed someone would stare at them or gawk. You respected his reasons.

"I mean, if you want to," you offer softly and Nico smiles softly in triumph.

He leans forward and rests his hand on your cheek before kissing you tenderly.

Your eyes were shut as you responded to the kiss, surprised Nico would be this brave to kiss you in public.

Nico just wanted to prove to you that he would move out of his comfort zone for you.

"GET SOME, NICO!"

The shout breaks you both from the kiss and looks to find the culprit of the perverted comment.

Your gazes adjust on Leo Valdez and Jason Grace, the two laughing madly at the look on your faces.

"Leo Valdez!" Nico shouts angrily, blushing redder than the color of a tomato.

This is why he didn't kiss you in public.

"Use protection, kiddos!" Jason calls and you laugh as Nico groans and buries his head in your neck to hide his tomato face.

"We will!" You call to the two boys and they laugh as Nico sits up.

"(Y/N)!" Nico shrieks as his ears turn bright red.

You burst into giggles and snorts at his reaction.

"I'm joking, I promise!" You say quickly and hug him. "I'm sorry you got embarrassed, I won't say that again."

He pouts and hugs you back, sticking up his middle finger to Jason and Leo behind your back.

"They're such a fluff couple, so innocent." Leo scoffs.

"Just like Frank and Hazel." Jason adds and the boys walk away chuckling and talking of your relationship.

•.°•.•.°

I never knew this book would get so many views. It makes me so happy to see your comments and votes. :)

~dancingfairylights~