2. Am I Wrong

After I woke up I did the usual, brush my teeth, get dressed, put in my contacts and put my hair up in a bun. My signature hairstyle. I looked at myself in the mirror with a satisfied look. I'm feeling confident without my grandma glasses.

What should I do today? ” I thought to myself. I couldn't see Mia my best friend because she's on her honeymoon in Thailand, I know absolutely no one in this country and if I went out there's a strong possibility I might get lost, or run into that asshole. The bar it is then....

I took an aspirin for my headache and went down to the bar that was surprisingly open at 9 in the morning. I took a seat, it was a different bartender than yesterday so I couldn't ask after my mystery guy. I asked for a water and sat down at the bar.

I looked around, this time the bar was more crowded and noisy. I stood up to go back to my room because I hate crowded places. Suddenly I bumped into someone wearing a big oversized blue hoodie. I said sorry while rubbing my nose, then I saw he was wearing a mask leaving only his dark brown eyes to see.

I wanted to walk away but I there was a familiar scent in the air, flowers.. it smelled like flowers. I turned around as he kept on walking. Those wide shoulders...  It's the guy from yesterday I'm sure! I need to excuse myself for my behaviour and thank him for carrying me to my room last night.

“Excuse me, mister?”

“Yes?” he turned around and answered still wearing his mask.

“Are you the one who carried me to my room yesterday?”

He looked at me with a puzzled face as if he didn't know what I was talking about. After a few seconds of awkward silence, his expression changed.

“Are you the lady that fainted last night at the bar?”

My face turned red from embarrassment. I looked down and answered with a very quiet “yes”

“The bartender took you to your room.” he answered.

He looked at me, my face was still a little red. “I just spoke to the wrong person, you stupid girl! this bar is cursed I'm telling you.” distress was written all over my face as I mumbled to myself

“What do you call a sad cup of coffee?”He suddenly asked me, making me look up to him.

“I don't know?”

“A depresso!” he chuckled.

I couldn't help myself but laugh at his lame joke.

“See there's no need to be embarrassed, just smile.” I could see his eye smile.

My heart skipped a beat after hearing that. He's so nice to me.

“I'm sorry for the misunderstanding”

He looked me directly in the eyes and said, “there's no need to apologize it can happen to anyone.”

Suddenly my phone rang. “You should get that, goodbye.” he slightly bowed and left before I could say anything else.

When I looked at my phone I saw the caller ID:

Incoming call from MiaMouse