Coming Out- Veronica Lodge

You and Veronica had been dating for a few months now, but she hadn't told her mother. Hermione Lodge believed that her daughter was only interested in boys. Today, you came to school and Veronica told you that you were to attend a dinner where she would come out to her mother, with your support.
You agreed of course, though now as you stood outside the Lodge residence, you were not so sure of yourself. You had almost knocked on the door several times, but chickened out at the last second. Butterflies were erupting in your stomach as you though of what might come of tonight.
Sighing you knocked on the door and a few seconds later, your beautiful girlfriend opened the door. Her face lit up when she saw you.
"You came!" She cheered. She gripped your hand in hers and pulled you inside.
You gulped and leaned towards her.
"I'm nervous, Ronnie." You whispered into her ear. She glanced around for a second before pressing her lips to yours.
"You have nothing to be worried about, babe. I'm right here, we're gonna do this together." She told you. You smiled at her as the butterflies in your stomach settled and your pecked her lips before walking into the dining room and greeting Hermione.
"Y/N! It's do nice to see you again!" Hermione greeted as she pulled you into a hug. You smiled at her and hugged her back.
"You too Mrs. Lodge, the place looks great!" You told her. She chuckled at your words.
"Oh don't be so formal, you're gonna be my daughter in law someday!" Hermione laughed. You turned to Veronica who's jaw had dropped.
Hermione looked back at the two of you. Her hands dropped to her sides.
"You honestly thought I wouldn't notice? What kind of mother would I be then?" Hermione chuckled at both of your expressions before she patted your shoulder and headed towards the dining table.
"B-but how? How did you know, I thought we kept it secret." Veronica said. Hermione just laughed.
"You're more like me than you think Veronica, everybody has experimented, some of us are just better at keeping it a secret."
Your jaws dropped again.
"Besides, these walls are thin, Veronica, you think I didn't hear what happened last Thursday?" Hermione said.
"Mom!!" Veronica gasped. Your cheeks burned as you recollected last week's events.
"Let's sit and talk, girls."