Cliff's Closet (Movie Night / Part 2)

Comincia dall'inizio

"Come and have a look at this." Jay's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. He was sitting on the side of the bed, holding a silver picture frame in his hand. Nya joined him and he carefully handed her the object. The photo showed a young and very happy looking Cliff Gordon embracing a beautiful blonde woman. She had long, wavy hair and sparkling blue eyes. The colour and pattern of her outfit matched those on the door they had just come through.

"She is very beautiful. And she must have been important to him." The Water Ninja commented. "Any idea who that is? Do you think..."

"I don't know. But I am going to find out." The Master of Lightning replied in a determined voice.

His girlfriend continued to study the picture. "I can't believe we've never noticed that you do look a lot like him..." She said. "Now I am trying to imagine you with a moustache..."

"Ooh, I am going to look sooo awesome with a beard..." Jay grinned, remembering the image of his future self that he had seen in the FSM's tomb. "And you will love it."

"As long as it won't turn out like Sensei Wu's..." Nya joined in his laughter. She was relieved that all the discoveries – and open questions – about his heritage had not made the Blue Ninja lose his general positive outlook.

"Nah, if I had a long white beard, I would also have to become as wise and serious as him. And that will never happen." The young man carefully took the picture off her hands and gently placed it back on the bedside table.

"I am glad to hear that. Because I like you best when you are you."

Jay planted a firm kiss on her lips before standing up. "And if I remember correctly you once told me that one of the reasons you like me is that I always stand by my words. So, I better keep my promise to show you my birth father's wardrobe."

He held out his hands to help her get up from the deep, soft mattress as well.

"This is bigger than my whole room." Nya remarked, when they entered the spacious walk-in closet.

"And it probably has more clothes than all eight of us combined." Jay agreed. "I've only had a quick look, but this side seems to have his normal clothes, both casual and formal outfits. And this side is his costume collection.

"And that?" Nya gestured at the pile of white fabric on the floor. No matter how much she loved him, she would never get used to Jay's way of dealing with his used clothes, and especially his sweaty training outfits.

"Uh..." Blushing, Jay hurriedly picked up the clothes. "That's the Fritz Donnegan costume we were talking about. Of course, I purposely left it out here to show you. Why don't you have a look through the other costumes, while I get changed?"

Holding onto the outfit, he ran back into the bedroom, whereas his girlfriend began to examine the content of the walk-in closet.

"To Infinity and Beyond." Someone suddenly yelled right behind her. Nya spun around and found herself looking straight at a light blue Fritz Donnegan replica gun. After changing into the costume, Jay had used his Ninja skills to sneak up on his girlfriend and was now grinning widely.

"It really suits you." Nya stated. "But aren't you mixing up a few things?"

"Well spotted. It was just a test to see if you really paid attention when we went to see the movie."

"Hey, as I told you, I actually really liked the movie. Plus, it was the best way to blank out your and Cole's childish behaviour."

"..."

"But..." The Water Ninja used a well-aimed round kick to displace the gun from the other's hand without hurting him, sending the weapon flying through the room. Before her boyfriend had even processed what was going on, she had already skilfully caught it mid-air. Now, it was Nya's turn to point the gun at him, a playful smile on her face. "... you should never doubt me. Now fear the consequences."