March 22, 01:11 Hours *Less Than 6 Hours Until Discharge*

Start from the beginning

"Enough talkin!' Go guard the damn flag! We don't need some unexpected visitors comin' to get us."

"But we already got the gang. What else do we do?"

"Just go guard it. A smaller one could come and snag it. Do you really want to be on the bottom again?"

Some grumbles, then footsteps echoed through the building. Some seemed to be walking away from me, the others walking through the market. Number one: don't get noticed. Number two: don't accidentally shoot myself. Number three: don't hurt my shoulder again. My vision was becoming spotty from it. Any one of those things could get me killed. Just don't do them. Simple . . . maybe.

Sucking in a deep breath, I hurried into the market. Thankfully no one noticed me, so I dove into one of the aisles, quieting my feet as best as I could. Footsteps sounded like they were a few aisles down, coming my way. My mind raced. Where would be the stairs for the roof?  I would have to look around more. The footsteps were drawing closer.

Cans were on the shelves around me. I grabbed one, slightly tossing it in my hand. Another breath, and I threw the can across the store. I heard it crash into something, and all footsteps in the building stopped. I didn't know if they saw the can flying, but I pressed myself against the shelves.

"What was that?" a voice said. It was only a couple aisles down from me. I held my breath.

"Let's go check it out," said another. The footsteps started up again, going the opposite way from me.

I had more time to explore. I hoped their footsteps were louder than mine, because I hurried to the other end of the aisle, and poked my head out. No one was there. I was supposed to be in a long stretch of the freezer aisle, but it was almost pitch black. I hated not having a flashlight. The whole time as I peeked down each aisle to see if anyone was there, I had to watch where my feet were going. I couldn't trip over anything. I couldn't risk it.

Something caught my eye. I squinted my eyes, hiding at the end of an aisle. The footsteps were at a safe place where I could stop. It was a door. I couldn't make out the sign on the door, but it definitely wasn't a main entrance. I shot for it, hoping to get there without being noticed.

Halfway there, all hell broke loose. I tripped over my own feet(I was a complete idiot), and fell on the ground. I yelped a bit, hitting the ground. Thank goodness I didn't hold out my arms to catch myself, or my shoulder would've been bleeding all over again. But when I hit the ground, my gun stayed glued to my hand, yet the handle of it hit the ground, a huge clang ringing out. I winced.

"Someone's in the building!" someone yelled from the other side of the store. I could hear footsteps starting to come my way. 

"Shit," I hissed under my breath. I scurried to my feet. There was no point in being quiet anymore. I bolted for the door, almost tripping over myself AGAIN. I cursed myself out as I pushed the door open.

I was back outside. I froze for a second in the doorway. I couldn't leave yet. I needed the flag. The footsteps were right behind me now. I slammed the door behind me as fast as I could. I had no time to barricade it. I took a look around me, figuring out where to go.

I was trapped. How the hell did I get trapped?! There was a chain-linked fence around me, a tall dumpster inside with me. I looked up. The roof was so close for me to reach, yet if I jumped, I still couldn't get up there. But my mind turned, my eyes falling back on the dumpster. It would have to do.

I was quick as I jumped on top of the container. My shoulder burned with pain as I pulled my body on up, but I ignored it, gritting my teeth in the process. As I made my victory of standing on the dumpster, the door opened to the fence around me. I froze up for a millisecond, but jumped, my fingertips grabbing the roof's edge.

The pain in my shoulder blinded me. I felt myself climb the wall, my body being lifted to the rooftop. I heard their voices, but they weren't talking directly to me. Thank goodness for the black clothing and me being against the wall. They must of been expecting me to be in the ring of fence, but being idiots, they didn't notice me.

Once I was up on the roof, I laid there for a minute, taking in deep breaths, trying not to hyperventilate. I couldn't have anymore blood loss. I sat up, clapping a hand where the wound was. I groaned a little, pain racing through my body as I pressed down harder. The more pressure, the better.

Minutes passed by. The only sound was people yelling in the distance, and the bass humming in the building that held the party. I tried focusing on that. I was so close to the flag. I had my eyes closed, but I could feel it's presence near me, it waving in the smoky air. Namjoon would be proud of me for sticking through. I was one of them now on a low-key level. Everything was going to plan.

I finally passed those minutes of pain. I took my hand off the wound. It seemed to feel much better now. My vision was still spotty, but it could've been worse. I opened my eyes, and found me to be facing the front of the building. I looked to where I had come up from, and there sat my pistol. Quickly snatching it, I tucked it back into my pants for convenience.

I brought myself up to my feet, brushing my pants off from the gravel that covered the roof. It had some ventilators, but that was about it. In the middle, though, was the flag. It wasn't anything special. It was a deep red with holes and rips in it. So this was what they obsessed about? Well, if it meant bringing our gang to the top, I was in. This was the moment I had been waiting for the whole night.