Chapter 3

"Kat!" I whipped my head around to see Ashely, an extremely vapid witch in Gryffindor, running towards me.

I stopped and let her reach me. "Hey, what's up?" I asked once she got to me.

"I'm having a party tonight by the forbidden forest, you should come." She flipped her flat blonde hair behind her back.

"Yeah, maybe." I shrugged and kept walking.

"It's at 10!" She called after me and I just waved my hand at her. I didn't want to be late to yet another class, the grades might not matter but detention sucks.

I luckily made it to my DADA class on time. I didn't have the twins in this class so I just took my seat next to Helen Reese a nice Hufflepuff girl.

The teacher walked in not a minute later. This was my first DADA class, the teacher hadn't gotten to the school till yesterday. Professor Claymore strutted into the classroom and I swear I thought all the girls would swoon. He wore a over confident grin, that came off a little creepy to me. He had to be the youngest teacher here. he doesn't look like he's over twenty five.

"Today we will be duelling. Since there is a bit of an odd number. Miss Knightly shall be my partner. Everyone up!" The Professor vanished all the desk.

I watched Helen get up and stand next to her friend. I slowly made my way to the front and stood in front to the teacher.

He smiled down at me, his bright blue eyes slowly trailed up and down my body. "Come now, I won't bite." He chuckled at his joke and I reframed  from rolling my eyes.

We stood back to back and then walked five steps apart, I got into position. My wand straight in front of me and my left hand held above my head.

Claymore stood opposite of me, one hand behind his back with his wand hand out.

"Ex..." Right as Claymore started to speak I shoot out a confundus charm.  

Claymore stumbled back and looked around the classroom. Trying to figure out what was going on.

"Calvario!" I sent out next and his golden blonde hair started to slowly to fall out. I smirked at him now.

I could hear students giggling as they slowly started to notice the bewildered and balding professor.

Claymore slowly started to come out of the confundus charm. "Class is dismissed!" He roared.

Wow. He is really mad. I thought this was a duel? I grabbed my bag and went to fallow when his rough hand grabbed my forearm and pulled me to a stop.

"That was not funny." He glared down at me and his hand tightened on my arm to a bruising point. I didn't say anything, I didn't want him to think he had the upper hand in this.

"No sir, we were duelling, I didn't want to use anything that would actually hurt you." I kept my face blank even when he tightened his hold further. I took slow deep breaths, trying to breath through the pain.

"You think you could hurt me little girl?" He smirked down at me then shoved me roughly away. I lost my footing and fell to the cold stone floor hard. 

I couldn't help the small cry of pain as my hip bone hit the floor first. I lay down on the floor, blinking down any tears that threatened to spill.

"What is going on in here?" Snape's strong baritone voice filled the room. He looked down at me on the floor clutching my sore hip, to a almost bald Claymore.