Chapter 8

Chapter 8

            “So, who do you think is the royal,” Leander asked, he lead all of us down a path, avoiding the cliff on our way back.  He looked straight at me, but the question directed to everyone.

            “Well, we know for sure that Selena’s family is the family of Pures, so it has to be one of them,”  Warren started.  He looked at me, sniffing the air, catching my scent in the breeze.

            “They said the royal was female, so that outlaws Logan,” Aurora stated, looking straight ahead with her head lowered.

            “I think she’s Annalisa,” I suggested, trying to draw everyone away from thinking it was me.  Honestly, no clues gave away who it was.  “She’s the nicest and smartest of the family.”

            “I think she’s Teresa,” Mary Lane snorted, thinking about her interactions with Teresa.  They must not be pleasant.  “She seems like the typical snotty princess-”

            “-which confuses me.  She doesn’t seem like the pure type,” I continued.

            “Well, are all of your family the color white,” Aurora asked, looking back at me.  She tilted her head curiously.

            “Just me,” I replied.  I sighed, thinking about all the shifting moons in my family.  I’d seen all of them, and none of them were white.  Samantha and Teresa’s wolves were blonde while Annalisa was light grey-blue.  “And that makes no sense either.”

            “That means the prophesies were somehow mended,” Mary Lane said.  She sniffed the air, curiosity in every movement she made.  “The only ones who know the real truth are the chosen ones.”

            “Or maybe Odette lied about the prophesies to hide their secrets,” Aurora suggested.  “Anyways, back to the task at hand.  Who else can be the royal?”

            “And there is Samantha, the Alpha of the family,” Warren said.  He stepped back until our paces matched.  “And that makes a lot of sense.  Alpha’s are higher rank and most likely to become that powerful.”

            “I think she’s Selena,” Amity said.  She looked over at me, her husky-colored wolf smiling slightly.  “She is the sweet type.  She also knows how to lead, and not let anyone take advantage of her.  She knows more about being alpha than Samantha.”

            “But I know nothing,” I confessed, I took my gaze away from everyone tired of all the curious faces.  “I don’t even know how to lead.”

            “That’s because alphas just know.  They don’t need to make sense of things in their minds,” Mary Lane said.  “It’s something that comes from the heart.”

            “What about you Will,” Amity asked.  She pressed her muzzle against William’s shoulder briefly.  He looked at her a moment before looking back down at the ground. “Who do you think it is?”

            Will looked at me with melancholy eyes, but smiled.  I knew he thought about yesterday, and what would happen if he lost Warren.  That was why he went after him.  He was the only family Will had left.  “I think it’s Selena,” Will replied.  He pressed his nose to the fur on my shoulder and looked back at me.  “She would be a prefect royal pure one.”

            “I think Knight Rook knew who it was,” Mary Lane said.  “She was directing her conversation to Selena, so maybe the royal is Selena.”