Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"So, why are we being segregated again," Teresa asked bitterly, the tone in her voice seeping with complete disgust. She sighed, sitting back in the seat as she crossed her arms. She squished Logan and I into the truck door and Annalisa into us. At the age of fifteen, I could no longer stand sitting in the back seat with my older sisters. Since Angus's death two years ago, I couldn't bear being around people for too long.

"Don't call it that Tessie," Annalisa said, smacking our sister's bare arm. Teresa whimpered at the pain, but only for a second before she grabbed a clump of Annalisa's hair with anger. Annalisa screamed in agony. She surrendered at her older twin's assault.

"Stop it Tessie," Samantha shouted. Teresa immediately let go and sulked into the seat. I smiled with thanks, our eldest sister keeping some peace between her little siblings. I looked out the window, ignoring the awkward silence raining down upon us.

"The rest of your family will live in the town below us. We just think it's best that you guys get away from your superiors and into a home with people your age and younger. It will help you learn how to raise your own pack someday," our unnamed driver said. She tapped the wheel with her fingernails and stared at the road in front of her.

"Selena," my little brother, Logan, asked. He was only ten, but he looked and acted a year older. I placed my hand on top if his, trying to get him to relax. He looked at me with wide eyes, not ready to leave our parents behind. "Why do we have to be away from mom and dad?"

"Because mom and dad don't want us anymore," Teresa snorted. Samantha smacked the back of her head while Annalisa whined. Truthfully, no one had any idea, they just left. One moment they were getting of the plane, the next they had disappeared into the rental parking. Fortunately, a driver was ready for us.

"It's safer for young werewolves to be away from their parents and elder family. Just so they don't feel overpowered and helpless," the driver said, her eyes flicking from left to right, almost like she was afraid to hit someone. I looked around, seeing only trees and the road in front of us. "Young wolves can feel an urge to leave home if their parents are treating them badly and it can be destructive to the parents, the children and even the public."

"Excuse me," Samantha said, finally getting out what I was thinking. She looked back at us from shotgun, then looked back at the driver. "Who are you exactly?"

"Oh, sorry I didn't introduce myself before. I'm Vicky Sanders. Call me Vicky," she said, holding up two fingers in a peace sign. "I'm your most dedicated administrator of the pack house. There are two others, but I haven't seen them in a long time...or heard from them really. In fact, I don't know where they are."

"Are we going to a school," Samantha asked, confusion painted on her face. Her baby blue eyes looked back at us for another moment, worrisome paling her face. "I was supposed to graduate this year and I'd rather not miss my chance."

"No," she said, drumming her thumbs on the wheel nervously. "But you are being home schooled. You will be able to finish your studies as soon as we get your books in. I believe you'll like this place. It has almost everything."

"Except a big selection of guys," Teresa growled under her breath. This time I whacked the back of her head. My anger bubbled up inside as she kept retorting every comment. I looked away for a moment as Annalisa looked shocked.

"Stop being rude," I growled angrily. As soon as the words were out of my mouth, I turned away, stunned by my own comment.

"Just to tell you, some of the boys your age will not be there," Vicky announced, ignoring Teresa's comment. Samantha looked at Teresa who groaned inwardly. "They're off on a hunt, training for any future hunting sprees."