Chapter ~Ten~

HELLO! okay, thank you so much for the comments...jk, what the hell am I saying? I only got like two! Do people really not care?? D; Im gonna cry, I think I need a hug...

jk.

Don't touch me.

Anyway, special thanks to rockturtle3 AGAIN (cuz she's awesome) and ladyafon for the comment in the previous chapter. 

Anway...I LOVE THIS CHAPTER! It's cute, but yeah, recap: Nathan told Ryder!

Ryder: "What does he do Nathan?"

Nathan: "Anything he wants."

Enjoy!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

.~*~. RYDER .~*~.

I was going to kill him. I was going to strangle the breath out of this man that caused pain to my Nate. If Nathan hadn't been shaking in fear, shaking from memories, I would have tracked down this man and make him regret every little thing he has done. But I didn't. Why?

            The heavens chose that time to make it rain.

            I began freaking out because he was getting soaked and he was already sick to begin with. I cursed for not bringing a jacket and made a spur of the moment decision. I stripped off my shirt and held it above his head. He laughed at my attempts, because he obviously had no care for his health. But the laugh was forced.

            If the rain hadn't begun pouring, I would be steaming with anger. I was just about to grab him, hold him close. I can't believe he told me...anything. Everything. I can't believe what he'd been through. I can't believe I hadn't been there to protect him. I can't believe I had been about to cry.

            So, using it as an excuse, I held him close as we ran back to the house, so the rain wouldn't affect him as much, and so I could reassure myself he was safely in my arms and not with someone else. When we got through the door he shook his head and looked down at himself.

            "Are you trying to get me sick?" He asked and shivered from the cold.

            "Come on, you can borrow my clothes."

            I looked at him through my peripherals and caught him look away from my body, blushing. I smirked, feeling giddy knowing I was the cause of the blush. I know I'm hot and got muscle. I'm glad he noticed too.

            I grabbed a T-shirt that was obviously going to be too big and some stretchy soccer shorts.

            He looked at the shirt and gripped his wrist. The reason he wore long sleeves were to hide his wrist. Come to think of it, I've only ever seen him in long sleeves, even when it was hot.

            "I know now." I reassured and handed the shirt over. "You don't have to hide it."

            He nodded slowly and accepted it before going into the bathroom.

            I changed out of my jeans for some sweats. I had just pulled on a clean shirt when there was a crash from inside the bathroom.

            My heart jumped and I began pounding on the door. "Nathan, what was that? Are you okay?"

            "Uh..." He voice came through as a muffle. "It's nothing, I...fell..."