Chapter Twenty Three

Finally goodbye

It was a long time after, and finally, the time was set and ready. Nearly six months later, since I begged to go to Sweden, I'd found my freedom and escape, my plan. I still always asked Claire, but she refused. This was it.

I was by the pond, in the shadows of the trees, and next to Dannie's special tree that was already growing, it was spring and the ribbon I'd placed was still there gently blowing in the breeze. It was her year anniversary, and I was down the pond supposedly with Sam, since he was the only one from the original group who was still at Riverside and hadn't moved on and we're together, thinking.

Then, I looked Sam in the eye - and whispered something. My evil eyes, glaring at him, making it clear he had no choice.

I pulled a steak knife out, and the blade glistened in the sun, and then I turned to Sam.

"Now, you have to do what I say - or - I'll tell everyone at Riverside and your family your gay! That I'd caught you kissing Ethan!"

Sam turned pale and nodded before with his pale chapped lips mouthed a yes.

"In the minute - I'm going to turn and face the lake, you'll get this knife and cut my neck open, and let me bleed to death. Okay?!"

Sam looked at me, mortified. His eyes wide and shook his head. Yet I looked at him deeply and turned my chair around. I counted to five, knowing Sam was weak and he'd do it.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five..

Instead of Sam, a shape stepped out of the shadows and knocked him out of the way. Then this shadow, grabbed my chair and launched forward, and tipped my entire body into the water, and slowly I became unconscious as the water filled my lungs and slowly the Oxygen left my body.

My last emotion was a great sense of happiness and my last thought?

'Dannie - I'm finally on my way.'