Chapter Two

We walked into what resembled a reception, it was small and dated. I and Dad walked up to the desk, I felt so much anxiety build up inside me. My dad rang a bell, and a small lady walked in and smiled, she was wearing a purple lanyard, but other than that she looked just like my college teachers. She turned to my Dad...

'Mr Herford... Miss Herford? I've been waiting all morning for your arrival, if you go through there, I'll call Mrs Anders for your immediate assessment' The lady said as she turned to look me in eye, except I dropped my eye contact. 

'Actually, I'm leaving now, bye Liz.' My Dad just turned and left, even he couldn't bare to look at me, and I felt myself crash.

'Wow, whatever has happened, must be bad... Please, Miss Herford, go sit there in that room, and I'll make Mrs Anders come as soon as possible honey..' The lady turned and left me standing there. 

I looked behind me and saw a wooden door, so I twisted the knob, creaked it open, and found a room with around six/seven chairs in, all different and mismatched. I placed my bag down, and found a bare wall, I slid down it and sat down on the floor, and brought my knees to my chest. Only I could fail at killing myself and find myself here at Riverside. Tears started rolling down my cheek, and I figured what a nemesis I am to myself. 

I gripped the windowsill before and pulled myself up, and looked out the window. I could see Mum and Dad, further along, talking, Mum was having a fag, and then she got in the car, and before I knew it I watched them whizz off. 

'Miss Herford? Please, they're ready....' I turned around and looked at the lady before me, I walked over to her, grabbed my bag, slung it over my shoulder, and followed her out of the room.