#163

5 Mysterious Places that Science can't explain

1. Bridgewater Triangle

The Bridgewater Triangle, an area about 200 square miles in Southeastern Massachusetts, just south of Boston, is like an all you can eat buffae of the supernatural

Among other things the area has been subject to numerous cryptozoological sightings. Since the 1970s there have been several reports of tall, hairy, ape-like creatures roaming the swamp. There have also been numerous sightings of Thunderbirds, giant Pterodactyl-like report of a man who saw a giant, ghostly, red-eyed dog rip the throats out of two of his ponies.

Besides these cryptids, there have been numerous reports of mutilated animals (mainly cows and calves) in the region. Some credit these mutilations to satanic cults, but no one has come forward and no one even knows where the animals came from.

As if all this weren't enough, the bridgewater triangle is a hotbed of UFO sightings dating all the way back to 1760, when a sphere of fire was reportedly seen hovering over New England. Since then there have been numerous sightings of unexplained objects in the sky including mysterious black helipcopters. One from 1976 describes two UFOs landing along Route 44 near the city of Taunton and another from 1994 recounts a strange triangular object with red and white lights seen by a Bridgewater Law Enforcement Officer. In 1908 on Halloween night, two undertakers who were travelling to Bridgewater noticed in the sky what looked like a giant lantern. They watched it for almost 40 minutes.

2. Bennington Triangle

This one is found in Southwestern Vermont, and is the site of a string of mysterious dissapearences between 1945-1950, related in no way but geographical location

This inculdes Middie Rivers, 75 years old, was out leading a group of hunters, on November 12, 1945. On their way back he got ahead of his group and was never seen again. Only a single rifle shell was found in a stream was recovered as evidence.