Chapter 1

Grace's POV:

I entered the shop and began to look around at all the expensive clothes. I grabbed a bra, knickers and top with some trousers off a shelf.

I hid the bra inside of the trousers and the knickers in the top and walked to the changing room.

"How many do you have?" The woman asked.

"Two," I answered and smiled at her.

She nodded and handed me a small hanger thing saying two on it. I walked inside the changing rooms and pulled the curtain shut.

Once I was inside I began to change into the knickers and bra. I hated being poor and having to rob but it was the only way.

Once I was finished I put my hoody and trousers back on then walked out with the trousers and and top.

"Are they okay?" The woman asked.

"Tops a bit too tight. I must be putting a bit of weight on." I joked laughing. The woman laughed too.

I handed her the top and trouser then walked away to the shop next door. In there was more clothes.

I picked up a white vest top and pulled off the tag, shoving it up my hoody and began to walk off.

"She's stealing!" A woman with red hair shouted. Two bodyguards ran over and tried to grab me.

I began to run but they were too fast and grabbed my arm. "Your coming with us," they said and lead me to the back office.

I was sat on a chair waiting for the police to come. I don't know what my punishment is going to be because I've never got caught before.

"Stupid bitch snitching on me," I muttered.

"Grace?" A woman's voice sounded. My head snapped up to see Sheriff Forbes, Caroline's mom.

"Hi Liz," I said smiling awkwardly.

"Your the thief?" Liz asked. "Your a good girl, with good grades, why would you do this?"

"I'm broke," I responded.

"Well what about your parents? Why don't they buy you stuff? I'm sure they'd be more than happy." Liz smiled softly.

"I don't have parents," I mumbled.

"What?" Liz asked as she crouched down.

"I'm homeless. I have been since I was born. My mom left me on a doorstep because she never wanted me, and I got too old to be in a foster home." I sighed.

"When was 'too old'?" Liz asked.

"13," I said.

"How have you survived this long? Your 17 now, so you've been on the streets for 4 years?" Liz asked.

"I go school, sleep in libraries, on buses, friends houses. I eat free at The Grill since Matt works their. It's been fine," I lied. "I've been getting buses to Mystic Falls since I live in the town over."

"It's not fine though is it? Can I adopt you?" Liz asked.

"What? Why?" I asked, wide eyed.

"You and Caroline have been best friends since nursery. Your a sweet girl and we would love you in our family. What do you say?" She asked. "Want to be in the Forbes family?"

"Yes!" I squealed as I jumped up and hugged her. "Thank you Liz!"

"It's fine. Now I'm gonna get you out of this mess and then we'll go to my house. I'll cook you dinner and in the morning you, me and Care can go fill out the paper work and get you adopted. Yeah?" Liz asked.

"Thank you so much Liz. How will I ever repay you?" I asked.

"Don't use your pesky witch powers on me," Liz laughed.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"You stayed the night for a sleepover with Care, and at night you walked downstairs. I was sitting in the living room and got up to see you in the kitchen sitting on a chair waving your arms around." She explained.

"At first I thought you were dancing until I saw the floating cup and milk pouring into the cup." Liz laughed.

"Dammit! I thought I heard footsteps." I said laughing. Liz began to walk inside the office of the manager.

"Liz," I called. She turned around and hummed. "Thank you."

"No problem," liz said smiling then walked into the office.

Maybe wasn't going to be so screwed as it has been for the past 17 years. Maybe this was my chance to start over again.

Edited: No
___________________________
Hey,

This book is a bit different to what I'm used to writing because I've never experienced this but it's a good different.

I have a lot of good things planned in the future for this book but I get distracted quite a bit.

Don't worry I'll only spend like a week or two away if I get distracted but I always come back my lovelies ❤️

Anyways buh-baiii 💛

PLEASE VOTE

COMMENT

AND SHARE 🌸

___________________________
Word count: 790