Chapter 28

So...Hi. I know I haven't updated for a while and I'm truly sorry. I had a lot to do and I was away on holiday...I really apologize for that and so, I wrote this ten page (in microsoft word) chapter for you guys. Again, so sorry for the late update and advance apology for the grammar mistakes and error in this chapter. It's five am here. I'll edit them later, which probably be when I finish this book.

Again, sorry and thank you for your constant support and for not leaving this book behind. I love you guys. Thank you.

Dedicate this to all of you and losangelesque. I am addicted to her book; The Misfortunes of Lolita. It's amazing. Go check it out.

Thank you again :)

***********************

Two days. Two days left till the war and she was panicking. She had been training the past few nights and days, sometimes with the army but most of the time alone. She focused better when she trained on her own but sometimes she would ask Henry to help her with her training in speed, senses and defence. Alfred would train her on sword wielding and she was getting better or so.

At the same time, she also managed to spend more time with Darcy, taking her out with Kate and Blake, her boyfriend. She somehow still couldn't get use of the term 'boyfriend' on him. Blake would tease her, asking her to tell him whom he was to her, which made her blush and punch him playfully.

He had been so wonderful to her. He treated her the way every girl should be treated. He made her feel wanted and so loved. He would stay late at night just to see her train and kept her company. He would sometimes fell asleep and she had joy watching him sleeping with his head on the table.

He was so wonderful.

He had been there for her for the whole process, supporting her and she couldn't be thankful enough for having him as the love of her life.

She knew she was still seventeen, almost eighteen and Blake was her first love but she had that feeling, the feeling where you just know that the person is the one and Blake is the one for her. She had fallen in love with him ever since she laid her eyes on him. The day they spent their time at his mansion's garden, dancing in the rain, that was when she knew she really loved him. It wasn't just a confused feeling. It was real.

She would do anything to protect him. Winning this war would protect him and everyone she loved. She had to win.

"Keep your feet steady, Elektra. Balance yourself and keep your posture straight." Alfred commanded.

Training with Alfred helped her. She needed to excel with her sword fighting skills and since Alfred was one of the greatest sword wielders she had ever known, she had no doubt that she would be better with it as she had a great teacher.

Elektra did as told before lifting the sword up to block Alfred's incoming attack. She felt her muscles tightened as Alfred's blade hit hers and with a huge amount of strength, she pushed the blade away. Taken aback with the force, Alfred lost his footing and his torso was left unprotected. She kicked his chest, which made his grip on the sword weaken. Swiftly, she hit his sword and it flew away from his hand. Without a chance to fight back, Alfred's eyes met the tip of the sword.

"Well done, Ela. Your strength and skills have increased. It would be a huge privilege for you." He said.

Grinning, Elektra let her arm fall to her side. "I hope so because I need to win." She said.

Smiling, he met her determined eyes. "And you will, Protector. Just take it easy for these two days left. You need a lot of rest."

"But I need to be better." Elektra answered, her lips pressed together forming a thin line of displeasure.