Chapter 4

If there's any mistakes, please let me know. I tried. I hope you guys like it. I work really really hard on this book. Of course, I want you guys to like it. Thank you :)

************************************

The sound of the bell ringing blared into Elektra’s ears. She snapped her head up, surprised and saw that everyone was leaving the class.

Crap, she had fallen asleep again.

She was deadly tired from last night and she didn’t have enough sleep at all. With her evil stepmother and minions tiring her even more this morning, she was tired as ever.

“Dude, you better be glad that I told Mr Henderson there you weren’t feeling well.” Her friend Chelsea spoke while grabbing her bag from the floor. “He didn’t buy it at first but when I said that it was the womanly thing, he freaked out and left.”

“Thanks Chels...I’m sorry.” She said sleepily as she rubbed her tired eyes.

“You don’t have to apologize. What I do want to know is what did you do last night for you not get enough sleep?” She asked as both of them got out of their seats and headed to the cafeteria.

“It’s nothing. I just couldn’t sleep.” She lied.

Chelsea turned her head at her and looked at her with worry on her face. “Is everything okay?” She asked.

She always wondered about her not being able to sleep properly. A few times, Ela had told her about the nightmares and her dream about her father. She felt sad for her friend and worried for her. She wanted her to be happy. She was a great girl and she deserved to be happy.

Ela smiled, touched that her friend had cared about her. “I’m okay. It’s not the dreams. I was just unable to sleep properly.” She answered.

Chelsea still looked unconvinced but she let it go. “Alright...but you know if you need anything, I am here for you.”

“I know Chels, I know.” She said with a smile.

“Anyway, where is that lovely hunk that you have your eyes on?" Chelsea asked with a teasing tone.

Ela rolled her eyes at her friend. “I don’t know. Maybe he’s sick or something.”

Elektra wasn’t surprised that Blake wasn’t in school today since last night happened. She hoped that he was fine and that Henry did a good job on covering for her. She was glad that he didn’t come because she was afraid that he would still remember and would ask her questions. She didn’t want him to look at her like she was a freak. She didn’t want people to treat her differently. Even if that wasn’t the issue, she was just not comfortable with his heated stare on her.

“I saw him at the party last night.” Chelsea mentioned.

Ela’s attention was caught immediately. “You did?”

That explained him being out there at that time but she wondered why did he take the road near the graveyard? No one ever walked there at night. There was a story about that place that made almost everyone in town not to walk there at night but seeing that he was the new guy, he probably didn’t know about it.

“Yeah. He was pretty much alone...but damn, that guy is sexy. You should have seen what he was wearing that night. He was smoking hot.” Chelsea exclaimed.

Oh, I know, Ela said in her mind. That outfit he wore last night indeed made him look ten times hotter. Ela shook her head at that thought. No, no. She couldn’t think of him that way.  This seriously has to stop. She couldn’t go on liking this guy. She was a Protector and he was a normal popular human being. That’s definitely not a good match.