Chapter 1

English is not my first language. So, beware for those grammar mistakes and errors. Really apologize for that. Feel free to point them out nicely. This is a draft and it's still being edited. Thank you for choosing this story

**********************************

The cold wind blew across the silent eerie dark night. It would have sent cold shivers to anyone but not her. She had grown custom to this kind of weather and the darkness. It did not affect her at all. She pulled her jacket's zipper up to her neck and tightened her hold on her sword as she walked through the terribly silent graveyard. Glancing down at her watch, she knew that it was almost time. She looked around for any human being and was glad that there was none. The only sound that could be heard was the sound of crickets singing through the night.

She took a deep breath as she came to a stop. She stood still in the middle of the graveyard, closing her eyes and listened for the signs.

The sound of the earth cracking filled the silent air. Slowly, the dead awoke from their sleep, grunting as they escape from their graves. She did not move. Her eyes were still closed. Her grip on the Excalibur tightened. Her heart picked up its speed but not due to fear.

She could sense them getting closer to her but she still refused to open her eyes just yet. A zombie came slowly behind her and as it reached out for her, her eyes shot wide open. In a flash, her sword slashed through the dead's neck, its blood spraying everywhere.

More restless deads made their way to her. She sprung to immediate action, swinging her sword as she stabbed and slashed their bodies brutally. Blood spurted out from their bodies as they groaned in pain, clawing and trying to grab her. Her sword went through them, the sound of flesh ripping could be heard in the air.

A grip on her arm made her adrenaline rush faster in her. Bringing her foot to the dead's face, it flew and landed its back to a hard tree. She stormed to it and her sword went through its eye, resulting to immediate death. She looked around and let out a relief sigh as she saw the number of the walking dead decreased. Her grip on Excalibur tightened as she turned to kill more of the undead.

One by one was killed, vanished into thin air until there's only one of them. She punched the undead before cutting his head off leaving it headless as its head rolled down to her feet. It slowly vanished to the thin air and she let out a sigh as she closed her eyes. She was done for the night.

"Opps...you missed one." She heard the familiar voice said. She turned and saw the man held the zombie up high, holding it by its neck before breaking it, its skin and flesh torn apart as blood gushed out of it. He threw the zombie to the floor as it vanished and left no sight of it.

The handsome man turned to her as he flashed a sheepish grin at her. She could only shake her head as she placed her hands on her hips and lifted her brows at him.

"You're late." She spoke.

The man shrugged his shoulders and gave her an innocent look. "Sorry. Traffic." He replied, his voice thick with a British accent.

She raised her eyebrows higher and gave him a serious look. The man was a vampire for god's sake. He was supremely fast and could reach anywhere in no time. Traffic wasn't a trouble for him. Besides, it was three o'clock in the morning. She was sure that the roads were almost empty.

He lifted up his hand and gave her an apologetic look. "Okay, okay. Maybe it's not traffic but I had a good reason!" He exclaimed.

"And this good reason is...you were having quality time with your mistress." She stated with a knowing look.

He gave her a shocking look as he placed his palm on his dead heart. "How could you think of me that way?" He gasped, faking hurt.

She stood there, not giving him any reply, still giving him the 'are you kidding me' look.