Chapter 7

8 years ago

“Ela...” She heard the familiar voice calling her. She turned to where the voice came from and saw her father standing there with his face etched with pain. His shirt was soaked with blood, his hand was holding his arm that was wounded.

Elektra immediately got out of bed and ran to her father. “Dad.” She called out.

Her father gave her a small smile despite the pain. “I’m alright, Ela. Just a little bit wounded.” He spoke, his eyes glancing at the wound on his arm.

Ela’s eyes darted to the wound and she inwardly flinched when she saw four long bloodied lines on her father’s arm. Blood was trailing down his arm and the cut was deep. It was gore but she was already used to it. Every time he was injured, he came to her. He had embedded the medical knowledge into her since she was little and now, she was great at tending wounds.

She wrapped an arm around her father’s waist as she guided him to her bed. She sat him down and went to her bathroom to take the first aid-kit before returning to the room. Her father looked pale, covered with sweats. His lips were shut into a thin line as if he was trying to hold back from groaning out of pain.

She sat next to him and tended his wound gently. Every time her father groaned she would stop but he would simply ask her to continue.

“Thank you, Ely.” He whispered, after she had finished tending his wound.

Ela smiled as her father placed a kiss on her forehead and brought her down to lie down with him. He held her in his arms, gently caressing her soft cheek as they both fell asleep.

**************************

Ela woke up from her deep slumber and found herself in Henry’s place. Why was she here? She thought. She tried to sit up but she immediately stopped when she felt the pain on her shoulder. Realization hit her. She remembered everything now. The wild wolf bit her and Henry had taken her to his home.

She turned her head to look at her wound and saw that it was wrapped up nicely. Henry was once a doctor in the military, so she knew he knows what he’s doing. Every time when she gets injured, Henry would be the one to tend her wound. She put her trust on him completely.

She also noticed that she was shirtless. That was understandable since Henry need to take it off to tend her wound. She was only in her pants and she was glad that it was still attached to her.

“Hey, you’re awake.” She heard Henry’s gentle voice. She turned and found him standing near the door, holding a glass of water in his hand. He closed the door and made his way next her, sitting at the side of the bed.

“How are you feeling?” He asked, putting the glass of water on the bedside table before he gently stroked her dark brown hair.

“I’m alright.” She answered. “Thank you.” She said affectionately, looking at him with gratefulness and love.

“It is my pleasure, little one.” Henry spoke before carefully hugging her. Ela wrapped her hand slowly around his waist and buried her face in his chest.

“I was worried.” Henry whispered, kissing her head. Henry didn’t know what he would do if he had lost her. He had come to love her so much. She meant the world to him. She was his everything.

“I’m okay, Henry.” She answered, lifting her head up and gently caressed his cheek. “Now, could you tell me what time it is?”

“It’s six o’clock sharp.” He informed while he took the glass on the bedside table and handed it to her. “Here, drink this.”