The Disclosure

Hello, this is Pink Zircon, leaving an important message to anyone who can receive it. If you're hearing this recording —Oh stars, I can't believe I'm doing this— If you're hearing this recording, then you've found it aboard the auxiliary computer for the Diamond transport cargo vessel designated as Mekbuda-Six. Hopefully, when the ship undergoes a full system check back on Homeworld, it'll be discovered. Push this message as far up the chain of command as you can, until it can hopefully be encountered by a Morganite or even a Cinnabar. Bah, that's beside the point. I entrust the urgency of my voice will lead you to bring this to one of the Diamonds.

I won't waste more time. The rebellion on Pink Diamond's latest colony has become a far bigger issue than previously thought. What was originally thought to just be a singular Rose Quartz sabotaging key infrastructure points has merely been a distraction. A Gem of far more risk has been leading the insurgency. Oh stars forgive me for what I'm about to say.

As the Counsel Zircon for the Pink Diamond Charter, it's my responsibility to ensure that Homeworld's laws are properly executed. E-e-even if the one breaking them i-is my Diamond. My Diamond, Pink Diamond, has been secretly leading the rebellion, posed as Rose Quartz.

Oh stars forgive me.

You may ask what proof I have. And well, it's not a lot. Beyond my own witness testimony, I have a complete lack of presentable evidence. Except what my Diamond's next move is. Today, she held a private hearing with her court, excluding her Amethysts and even Agates. She even had her lead Jasper sent to do petty grunt work on another continent. I, however, was there. What she proceeded to tell us, oh stars, it defies everything I understand.

She made us all pledge that nothing would leave that room. Not a word. What my Diamond, doesn't know, is that as her Counsel Gem, I cannot legally agree to such a thing. This is why I can get this to you. After the pledge, she confessed to everything. How she had been disguising herself as a Rose Quartz to lead the insurgency. How she no longer wants to produce Kindergartens for Homeworld. And also things that quickly devolved into ramblings, like the value of the life on this planet.

Ugh, just the thought of what's transpired the past few years is tumbling my rocks.

After that, my Diamond told us the next stage of her operation, a plan that needed all of us. In the coming days, the Charter Court of Pink Diamond will report that my Diamond was struck down in single combat with Rose Quartz, with the rebel shattering her. They are sworn to secrecy about what actually happened, about —Oh stars— her true demise.

My diamond will undergo a dangerous and experimental procedure, one that will cut her Gem down to the shape of a lowly Rose Quartz. This is how she intends to continue the insurgency with a permanent body rather than merely changing form. Her shards will be given to Homeworld as proof of her shattering. But the evidence to what actually happened will be in the shards themselves. If you reconstruct her Gem, you will find her entire center facet missing.

This is because it will remain within the supposed Rose Quartz that will commit to the rebellion with full force, striking while the entire colony is destabilized.

Oh stars forgive me. If everything goes to plan, these events will occur in the next few days. That'll be all the evidence I can provide to prove what I'm saying. With any luck, this message will reach Homeworld before she gets too far.

...

Please understand, I did not do this out of a sense of defiance. I have no desire to tarnish the name and image of the Diamonds. But my loyalty is to the law, to the Diamond Authority, and to Homeworld. If one Diamond must be stopped to fulfill that loyalty, so be it.