Chapter 22

Author's note:
Hi! Just a reminder to please refrain from posting possible triggering messages in the comments. Someone posted a sexual assualt mention in a comment, and that worries me a bit. Also please do not have conversations in the comments if they are not related to the story! It spams my phone. If your conversation is getting too long, please take it to a private message! Also! I do NOT ship Frans in the slightest. Don't worry, there won't be any in this fic! Thank you!
-
Chara slides into their seat for first period. They twitch slightly, knowing Danny would come in any minute and sit behind them. They weren't any less terrified. Chara stares at their desk for about a minutes before Danny walks in. Their eyes dart to every single person who walks in before him. They immediately look back at their desk when Danny walks in. Danny sits down behind them. He flicks Chara in the back of the neck. Chara flinches. They grip their locket tightly in their hands for comfort. They feel the hair on the back of their neck bristle.

"Hey, I'm talking to you!" Chara finally picks up that Danny was talking. They had zoned out in the last few seconds and hadn't heard him talk. Chara slowly turns their head to look at him. Danny snorts.

"You look terrified," He smirks. "Well, I don't blame you. Last kid that crossed me had it so bad that he had to uh..'move away'." Danny's lips parted into a grin. Chara shudders. Danny had driven a kid to suicide. Chara didn't doubt that that could just as easily happen to them. Their mental state was fragile enough. They'd tried to once before. They'd succeeded once before.

"Just...l-leave me alone..!" Chara stutters, trying to be brave.

Danny laughs. Chara feels sick to their stomach. He shoves them against their desk, slamming their shoulder into it.

"Pathetic," Danny spits. "Aren't you gonna fight back? You didn't have any problem when-"

"Cut it out!" Someone nearby yells at Danny. Chara was relived that at least one other person was on their side. Danny whips around to face them. She was sitting right next to him, glaring.

"What's your deal??" She hissed at Danny. "What did they ever do to you?"

Danny laughed. "Oh, you have no idea."

"Just..leave Chara alone!" She sounded even angrier now. "Stop being such a jackass."

Danny was about to retaliate before the teacher walked in. He quickly faced the front. The girl who defended Chara looks back too. Chara rubs their arm. They were glad, but they could still feel their trembling. They wanted to end this right now. They didn't have a plan, though. They couldn't just dive into this without a plan. Instead of paying attention to the lesson, Chara sorted through different methods they could use for poisoning him. By the end of class, they had finally come up with a solution.

Danny was known to take drugs. Weed, tobacco-some people even rumor that he tried LSD. Chara decided that, since this needed to be a very sweet revenge, they would poison him with buttercups. They could grind the petals to a powder and convince him it was some new drug. He would take the bait. Since buttercup is a very slow and painful death, he would be out of school while the poison takes effect. Chara had written a few notes down in their notebook so they would remember. Chara quickly walks out of class. As they expected, Danny trips them on their way out. Chara slams against the doorframe to catch themself. Danny smirks at them and walks out. As Chara staggers out of the classroom, someone taps their shoulder. They whip around to see the girl who defended them earlier.

"Hey," She waves. "Uh, Chara, right? I'm Melanie."

"Uh, hi!" Chara says, trying to sound cheerful and failing. "Thanks for, uh, sticking up for me earlier.."

"No problem!" Melanie nodded. "Danny's an ass. Surprised more people haven't called him out for his shit."

Chara nods slowly. "Yeah...he, uh, he's been giving me a lot of trouble lately.."

"So I've heard," Melanie sighs. "I honestly don't blame you for stabbing him. I mean, if you did. Seems like some wild rumor to me, but,whatever."

"Uh..yeah...haha.." Chara felt nervous now. They weren't used to pleasant conversations with strangers.

"Well, I gotta go.." Melanie qaves and walked away. "Bye!"

Chara stares at her as she goes.

Maybe not all humans were that bad.
---
Chara decided to start their plan that night. They had to wait until everyone was home, though. Once everyone had settled in and was doing their own thing, Chara went outside. They said they were going on a little walk. They weren't exactly lying. They just weren't telling the whole truth. Chara was relatively familiar with this area, so they knew where to find buttercups. Besides, they grew in a lot of the  towns near Mt.Ebott. Even still, it took them about ten minutes of searching to find the flowers. Chara stands over them for a moment. Long-repressed memories were suddenly flooding back. They shake their head to clear them. They couldn't think about that now. They pull a small plastic bag from the drawstring bag on their back. Chara picks a few of the buttercups and puts them in their bag. They wouldn't need much, but it did take a larger amount of the flowers to kill him. Chara walks around for a little longer, making sure their walk seemed believable. Once they make it inside they rush to the bathroom. In their pocket, they held the sheet of notebook paper that had their plan on it. Chara shuts the bathroom door and lays the bag, the flowers, and their plan on the floor. They would have to grind the buttercups with their hands...

Suddenly, someone knocks on the door. Chara jumps. Before they can say anything, the door opens.

It was Asriel.

"Chara, what are you-" His eyes widen as he looks at the display Chara had out in front of them. Chara opens their mouth to explain, but before they can, Asriel picks up the paper.

Clearly written across the top was "Get rid of Danny".

"Chara...you promised me..."
-
Author's Note:
It's literally five AM so if my writing isn't the best this chapter you know why.