Chapter 15

Frisk could hear the yelling from upstairs. They hated when Toriel was upset. They didn't understand why Sans had been acting so strangely lately. He hadn't touched a drop of alcohol in a month, and now he had gotten so drunk he could barely stand. What was going on..? They tried to listen in, but they could only pick up bits and pieces of the argument.

"You said you would stop!"

"I...I know...look-"

"I don't want to hear excuses! We're low on money as it is! And now you're spending the very little money we have so you can get drunk."

Frisk shook their head and inhaled shakily. They couldn't stand it. Everything had been so stressful. They wanted to help, but what could they do?

"Do you just...just never learn???" Toriel's voice cracks. "Not only are you attacking Chara again...you're drinking again...and honestly..? It scares me. I thought you were getting better, but..."

Frisk covers their ears, unable to listen anymore. Chara had long since been asleep. After their breakdown, they practically passed out. Asriel was cuddled up next to them. Frisk sighs and lays down on their bed, staring at Chara. They were adorable when they were sleeping...
Frisk felt their face blush as they watched Chara's chest ride and fall. They purse their lips and turn around. This was the first time Frisk had realized they genuinely loved Chara. And it wasn't just...friendly.
-
Frisk woke up early, as they usually do. Chara and Asriel were still sleeping. Frisk sighs,scratching the back of their neck. They stand up, stretching their arms. They look over at Chara again, feeling their face flush. They look away and quickly pull out a change of clothes. They quietly walk to the bathroom to change. As they did so, all they could think about was Chara. Why hadn't they noticed this before? Did Chara feel the same..? Unlikely. If Chara had feelings for anyone, it would most likely be Asriel...
Even still, Frisk couldn't deny their feelings. How would they tell Chara, though..?
Frisk shakes their head and quickly finishes getting dressed. They didn't need to think about this right now. They glance at themself in the mirror, sighing softly. There were still a few faint bruises on their face. In all honesty, they were terrified to go to school again. They didn't want it to happen again.
Great. That's exactly what they needed. More stress. Frisk shakes their head and walks out of the bathroom, making their way down the stairs. They purposefully skip over the stair that creaked every time they stepped on it. They hated that sound.
Frisk makes their way to the kitchen, just as they hear footsteps in the hallway upstairs. Someone was up. They glance up at the stairs, seeing Chara up and moving. They didn't have to be, but Chara was usually up this early anyway. No doubt Asriel was up and getting ready too. Chara was still wearing their pajamas, which was normally out of their comfort zone. They had worn a short sleeved shirt to bed, which revealed the myriad of scars and marks of past injuries on their arms. Frisk waves happily, and Chara smiles back. Chara makes their way downstairs, quickly arriving next to Frisk.
"Did you sleep well?" Frisk asks with a smile.
"Yeah.." Chara nods. They pull a mug from a cabinet and start boiling water to make tea. "What about you?"
"I slept pretty well," Frisk nods and sits down at the table.
Chara smiles. Their ruby red eyes shining in the early morning light. "That's good."
Frisk had never taken a lot of time to take in Chara's physical features. They were gorgeous, really. Their hair was a rat's nest right now, but it still managed to look amazing in Frisk's eyes. The soft waves, although tangled, looked so soft and smooth and nice. Frisk had always loved Chara's eyes. Even though Chara hated them, Frisk loved their uniqueness and brilliance. Chara had a soft and round face, almost like a young child's. The other human absolutely adored the freckles covering Chara's face. Chara was just overall..beautiful.
"...You're really beautiful, you know that..?" Frisk hadn't meant to say that. It just slipped out. They feel their face flush, and they look to the side.
"Oh..!" Chara sounds surprised. Their face turns equally as red.      "Ahah...! T..thanks..."
Frisk smiles wider, looking nervously to the side. Chara finishes making their tea and sits down next to Frisk. Their face was still flushed. Chara takes a small sip of their tea. They felt a sudden urge...they wanted to kiss Frisk. Really, really badly. Chara had no idea where it came from. But it grew by the second. They shift in their chair, staring at the wall. They try to get the thought out of their head, but to no avail.
"...Fuck it."
Without hesitation, Chara reaches over, takes Frisk's face in their hands, and kisses them on the lips. Frisk's eyes widen in surprise, but they slowly lean into the kiss. They let their eyes close slowly. Chara doesn't pull away. They don't want to.
Their moment is very rudely interrupted when someone enters.
Sans had teleported downstairs.
"Um!!" He gasps and takes a step backwards in surprise.
Chara's eyes widen and they quickly pull away. They make as much space between themself and Frisk as possible.
"...What the hell..." Sans was breathless. His right eye was glowing a slight blue. Blink and you'd miss it.
"Uh!!" Chara turns bright red.
"Care to explain??" Sans asked, still in shock.
"Um..." Chara looks away. "Um????"
Sans narrowed his eyes, clearly judging Chara and only Chara. He  must've thought Chara had forced Frisk to kiss them or something.
"..I don't want to see that again," Sans sneered, not even minding to watch his temper. He was usually calmer around Frisk, but this seemed to set him over the edge.
"Mmm, well you don't always get what you want, do you?" Chara turned to face him
"Hey-!" Sans started. He's interrupted by a voice behind him.
"..Chara???"
Asriel was downstairs. He had seen the kiss as well.
Chara blushes harder. "I!! Uh!!"
Frisk jumps to their feet as they glance at the time. "Oh!! Um...Asriel..! We have to go..w..wouldn't wanna be late! Haha."
Asriel blinks a few times before realizing that Frisk just wanted to get away. He nods and follows them out of the door.
Chara was left alone to explain their actions to Sans.