Chapter 16

Sans crosses his arms. Chara bites their lip, desperately searching for an explanation.
"..What the the hell was that??" Sans asked accusingly. "Are you trying to trick them into being your mindslave again or something??"
Chara growls. "What?! No! I..wasn't thinking, okay??"
"When are you ever?" Sans snarled. "That's always your excuse. 'I wasn't thinking'! Maybe if you started thinking before you acted, these things wouldn't happen."
"Just shut up!" Chara yells, exasperated. "I don't need your input. You don't fucking control my decisions!"
"But what if you make the wrong decision?" Sans takes a step closer to them. "What if?"
"Then that's my own damn fault. I don't need your supervision." Chara stands up amd starts to walk off, but Sans grabs their arm.
"Well I don't want Frisk to get involved in your mistakes!" Chara tries to pull away from him, but Sans tightens his grip.
"Jesus c h r i s t, it was just one kiss! You don't need to get so protective over them!" Chara finally yanks their arm free and quickly rushes upstairs.
-
Asriel was quick to get on the bus as it pulled up. Frisk assumed it was because they got attacked near the very spot. Frisk follows him and sits next to him, leaning their head against the back of the seat. Rumors were still being spread about Chara's suspension. Frisk despised it. Oh, how they wished it would stop. They wished they could take the people they cared for away from all this...all this stress and sadness. Especially Chara. Chara deserved a second chance, and it was being ruined. Frisk was so irritated that they couldn't do anything.
"Hey!!" Someone shouts behind them. Frisk winces and doesn't answer. They didn't shut up.
"Hey! Is it true?? That your demon friend killed itself after stabbing Danny?? Huh?"
Frisk clenched their fists. "No. Just shut up about it. Leave me alone."
"Why should I??" The kid taunted. "You don't have your freak to defend you, now do you?? If it didn't kill itself, what happened?"
It.
Frisk was disgusted. They said something they hadn't uttered in years. "...I hate you..."
The kid seemed shocked. Unsure what to say, they shut up and look away.
"..I...I wish Chara was here.." Asriel sighs, his voice shaking as he speaks. "I..I can tell how upset they've been lately...and I just want to comfort them and hold them...I want them to know everything's gonna be okay. But I can't.."
Asriel whimpered slightly. He wanted to take Chara away from this sadness just as much as Frisk did. Chara deserved so much more..

The bus pulled up at the school after what seemed like decades. Asriel and Frisk walk off. People shoulder their way past the two as they walk by, nearly shoving Asriel to the ground a few times. Frisk sighs and looks at the ground as they walked into the school. Frisk waves a small goodbye as they disappear down the hall to their first class. Asriel kept his head down as he walked. Having his sibling around kept the usual spring in his step. But he didn't have them today. As he walks, Asriel bumps right into someone.
He stumbled backwards, just barely keeping his balance. He looks up to who he'd ran into.
Danny.
It seemed like a cliche scence in a terrible 90's high school movie. Only this time it was real.
"Well..!" Danny grinned down at Asriel, towering over him. "Look who it is!"
Asriel took a step back, feeling his heart start to beat faster. "Ah...ahaha...I...I'm sorry..um.."
Danny grins and steps towards him. "Oh...hehehe..! And you don't have your little hellspawn to protect you~!"
Asriel swallows nervously. He takes a few more steps back, nearly falling over. Danny grabs his wrist tightly and pulls him up to eye level.
"Guess we oughta start where we left off, huh?"
-
-
Tensions between Sans and Chara were even higher than usual. Sans was extremely suspicious of Chara and Frisk's kiss. Chara was incredibly embarrassed and angry. Sans wasn't supposed to see that. No one was. It was a split-second decision. Sans shouldn't even be worried. He didn't have a right to suspect anything he did. He thought they were trying to win Frisk over or something. He even accused them of forcing Frisk to kiss them. They were furious. Even more so than usual.
-
Asriel didn't show up to his second class with Frisk. Frisk frowns as class starts. They sit there nervously. They didn't really care that they were distracted. Their language arts teacher was mind numbingly boring. Not to mention they had read Call of The Wild front to cover at least three times before they had even fallen underground. As soon as Mr. Sanders dismissed the class, Frisk was already out the door. They rush into the crowding hallway. They have to shove through the dense crowd of kids to get away.
They rush to the opposite hallway, that was already clearing out. Not many people even took the classes here, and one of the classrooms was empty. Frisk shoves open the door to the empty classroom. The school has planned a teacher to relocate here for years, but the opportunity never came up. They slide their hand on the wall to look for a light switch. They turn on the light. If Asriel was anywhere, he'd probably be here. For what reason, they didn't know.
"A...Asriel?" Frisk calls.
No answer.
They quickly start looking everywhere they can. Under desks, in cabinets, in corners. They were about to give up when they hear a soft voice come from behind them.
"..Frisk...?"