Chapter 18

Author's Note:
I hate doing large timeskips, but it's necessary for right now. Unless you wanted fluff writing from the weekend, we'll all have to deal with the timeskip. Also,while re-reading, I noticed that the day Chara was suspended was the second day, and not the third. I'll try and go back and fix it at a later time!
-
It's Tuesday. Chara had to go back to school. They groan and pull themself out of bed. They stare at themself in the mirror, as they do every morning. Their hair was a mess. The sigh and grab a hairbrush. Chara yawns and they quickly brush their hair. They sneer in disgust as they feel the greasy strands. They needed a shower soon. Asriel stirs in his bed. Frisk must've already been up. Go figure. Asriel gripped the blanket tightly and whined and he turned over. Chara frowns. They walk over and kneel next to the bed.
"Azzy..?" They ask, shaking him softly. He whines and curls up. Chara shakes him again. Asriel jolts awake, breathing heavily.
"Azzy...it's okay.." Chara sits next to him and pulls him into a hug. "It was just a bad dream..."
Asriel shoved them away and backed against the wall. He looked...afraid of them. Chara frowns.
"Asriel..? What's wrong..?"
Asriel started crying into his blanket. "N-No..please..not..again.." He curled into his knees and sobbed.
"Asriel..?" Chara frowns and moves towards him. "It's okay..it's me..."
Asriel shook his head rapidly. He sobbed again. Chara gently takes his hand.
"A...Azzy..it..it was just a dream.." They slowly pull Asriel into a hug again. He struggles for a while, but slowly relaxes into the hug and sobs into Chara's shoulder. Chara smiles weakly. Asriel just sobs for a few minutes. He slowly pulls away and wipes his tears. Chara rubs his back.
"..You wanna talk about it..?" Chara asks softly.
"Sure.." Asriel nods. "Uh...w..well...in the dream...y...you...um.."
"Take your time.." Chara smiles weakly.
"You..k...killed everyone again..?" Asriel whispers.
Chara's eyes widen. "W...What..? Azzy..that...that would never happen..I would never do that.."
They were second guessing themself, though. In all honesty, they were scared of that too. God knows their mental state was fragile enough for them to snap again. Chara shakes their head again.
"I...I know.." Asriel grips the blanket tightly. "But I....the dream just felt so real.."
"You're okay.." Chara rubs his back . Asriel nods slowly.
-
Once Asriel had calmed down and gotten ready, Chara walked downstairs with him. He was still pretty shaken, but he was well enough to go downstairs. Chara held his hand tightly, per his request.

Frisk looks up at them, frowning upon noticing how jumpy Asriel looked.

"..You okay, Asriel..?" They ask.

"Eh...kinda.." Asriel sighs. "Had a nightmare..Chara helped me though."

Frisk nods. "That's good." Frisk gestures to the toast they had just made for Chara and Asriel. "I was up earlier than usual, so I made us breakfast."

Chara smiles and takes theirs, taking a small bite. "Heh..thanks, Frisk."
Chara sighs slightly as they sit down. They were dreading going back to school. They had to fight through it,though. They didn't want to cause any more problems for their family. Chara would try not to provoke anything, and to go about the day normally.

Asriel seems to notice Chara's change in mood, because he grabs their hand from under the table and squeezes it. Chara smiles softly at him. Frisk glances up at the time and stands.

"You guys are gonna have to eat on the way to the bus, or we'll be late." Frisk pulls their bag over their shoulder. Chara shrugs and takes one last bite before putting it back down. They put on their backpack and follow Frisk out the door. Asriel finishes his food hastily and quickly throws on his bag. He rushed to catch up with Chara and Frisk.
-
Chara kept their head down as they walked on. They were terrified. They had every right to be. People were staring. Whispering. Shouting. Asriel held Chara's hand tightly.
"Where'd ya go, huh??" A kid shouts at Chara as they sit down. Chara doesn't answer. They just look down.
"I'm talking to you!" The kid repeats. "Where did you go??"
"Leave me alone," Chara mumbles.
"What?"
"I said leave me alone." Chara snarls, louder this time. "...It's none of your business."
"Gosh, aggressive much??" Even still, they leave Chara be.
Chara sighs. They hated this. They'd ruined everything within a week.
Leave it to me to fuck up my life in just a few days... They think bitterly.

Chara was grateful to get off the bus. They rushed off before Frisk and Asriel. Asriel ran after them. Chara sighs as they get through the entrance and slow down for Asriel to catch up.

"You okay, Chara..?" Asriel asks.

Chara just shrugs. "Eh...mostly. I'll be fine."

Asriel and Frisk walked with Chara until they had to go their separate ways. Chara keeps their head down as they walk to their first period. Unfortunately, this causes them to run into someone oh-so familiar. Of course.

"Oh, you're back!" Danny towered over them, grinning. "And all of us thought you'd decided to kill yourself!"

Chara growls and takes a step away from him. "Get away. I'm sick of you.."

Danny grins. "I warned you a long time ago. If you didn't get off my back your life would be hell."

"Just leave me alone!" Chara takes another step back.

Danny takes a step forward. He grabs their wrists, quick as lightning, and pins Chara against a wall. Chara struggles, but his grip was tight. He had grabbed exactly the part of Chara's wrist that Sans had burned a few days before. Their heart skips a beat.

"I know exactly who you are," Danny leaned in close. His breath smelled heavily of cigarettes. "I know your name. I know your father. We're...quite close, actually. "

Chara's eyes widen. That couldn't be possible. If that were true...Danny had access to extremely sensitive information about them. He knew their weak points and what they were afraid of.

"I know what you did," Danny sneers, his face inches away from Chara's. "Chaela Josephine Price." He hissed the name. "I know who you killed." He laughed dryly. "All those years ago..? That was my brother. I was six years old. You fucking took him from me."

"Well maybe if he didn't make my life insufferable!" Chara spits. They weren't thinking straight. They were overwhelmed with emotion and anxiety, and they reacted with anger. "..I'm so terribly sorry for your loss, but I was...so sick of everything..." The reality of the situation was finally starting to sink in. Danny was extremely dangerous. He could send Chara's father after them if he really wanted. Chara decides to stop trying to act tough and they keep their mouth shut.

"That's not an excuse!" Danny punches the wall next to their head. Chara flinches. "I don't care what he did to you..." He laughs, no humor in his tone. "..You know, I promised myself that when I found you, I'd kill you...but..I think it'd be much more fun to make your life hell and watch you suffer."

Chara's heartbeat quickens. This is why they didn't want to go to public school again. They had no choice, though. Toriel was never home to homeschool them. And that would take time away from Sans even attempting to get a job if he taught them. They'd just have to fight through it...right?